Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My o2 raptor is having a hard time starting. At times it will just crank and start up with no probs, but recently when I hit the start butttom, it would just wind. I opened the starter/bendex area and it looked fine. The only way it would start is when I put the quad in gear and push it around until the transmission is lock in gear. I' pull the clutch and it will start up but it sounds like a grinding noise. I have not opened up the flywheel cover area yet. Where should I look into first?
Thanks for any response.

alex

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
need to replace the one-way...sounds like it anyway.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I will second that :thumbsup:nhad same prob can you tell wher the noise comes from? Regardless take side covers off and inspect that 1way.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Williams, RT,

THanks for your fast input. THe noise seems to be coming from the inside of the flywheel cover... Is that area oil Filled?

How much am I looking at for the one way. ( is this the proper term for this part? )

THanks
alex

·
Registered
320 Posts
The oneway is the right term aka oneway aka starter clutch aka oneway starter clutch.
it is located behind the cover on the left side of your engine " shifter side" .
Stock you can get one for 135$ish and for a good one 170-190 check the 52thoot gear to make sure the 1way did not eat it up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts