Raptor Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,583 Posts
Kind of reminds me of AJ Duesler....at least Leeroy didn’t take our money and run.
Hey Leeroy just give us a follow up that’s all we ask! It will help future readers years from now with the same issue.
I truly believe AJ had a fire, I saw facebook pictures. But, after the fraud comments he didn't comment back, but he was active 11 months ago.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I've built plenty of Honda 250R's and big bore 310R's and loved them. A young, fellow worker, with the help of the boss, bought a Banshee to run circles around my 250R. I didn't know this at the time, it was their secret. The next trip to the sand dunes in Oregon, he wore himself out trying to catch me, but never did, lol. The next trip, he had carbs, Toomey T6, and stock gears. Same results, haha. I told him to drop 2 teeth on the counter sprocket. He got closer to catching me, but could never out ride me, lol again.

Youth and stupidity are no match for age and treachery. Hahaaaaaa!
Yep, I've seen several 250R's eat Banshees over the years...and their disbelife was priceless!
I have to say though, the Banshee's horizontal split/clamshell cases are genious, but the double part price of 2 cylinders is too much...especially when a 250R kills them so easily, but, nothing howls quite the same.
I also built a Blaster for a friend about 3 years ago, and it would smoke a Z400 through 3rd gear, and it would hang a couple lengths back until it topped out.
It hurt alot of feelings, lmao!
And, I would still love a 500 QuadRacer, but they are on the razor's edge at around 75-80hp fully built, waiting to pop.
What Ive been really been tempted to do, is put a gsxr1k in something for a long time now too. But, middle age and some sense has me second guessing trail riding something that accelerates so quickly....

·
10,583 Posts
Yep, I've seen several 250R's eat Banshees over the years...and their disbelife was priceless!
I have to say though, the Banshee's horizontal split/clamshell cases are genious, but the double part price of 2 cylinders is too much...especially when a 250R kills them so easily, but, nothing howls quite the same.
I also built a Blaster for a friend about 3 years ago, and it would smoke a Z400 through 3rd gear, and it would hang a couple lengths back until it topped out.
It hurt alot of feelings, lmao!
And, I would still love a 500 QuadRacer, but they are on the razor's edge at around 75-80hp fully built, waiting to pop.
What Ive been really been tempted to do, is put a gsxr1k in something for a long time now too. But, middle age and some sense has me second guessing trail riding something that accelerates so quickly....
Yeah, Banshees are fast, but they need a few mods to do it.
I had a chance to buy a 500 QuadRacer once from a friend. Buy the time I was done with the test ride, he bumped the price up another $1000.
I rode the 310R for as long as I could till my knees started giving out and was hard to start. I've since had one knee replaced. Enter, the Raptor 700, then another one for the wife,(a spare). Mine ended up a duner with 70+ horsepower. I loved what the 310R and 700 would do, but with age comes a cage. I rode as long as I thought safe, but at 71yo I bought the Can-Am SxS, and, love what it will do.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Yeah, Banshees are fast, but they need a few mods to do it.
I had a chance to buy a 500 QuadRacer once from a friend. Buy the time I was done with the test ride, he bumped the price up another $1000.
I rode the 310R for as long as I could till my knees started giving out and was hard to start. I've since had one knee replaced. Enter, the Raptor 700, then another one for the wife,(a spare). Mine ended up a duner with 70+ horsepower. I loved what the 310R and 700 would do, but with age comes a cage. I rode as long as I thought safe, but at 71yo I bought the Can-Am SxS, and, love what it will do.
A friend had a CanAm sxs 1k,
turbo 3 cylinder...I think?
I liked it too much, and could see myself rolling it at high speed.
Not how I want to vegitize or die.
I still prefer to be thrown clear, lol.
I don't own any toys at the moment, but have ridden most of what's out there over the years, and a 700 Raptor will be next.
Hopefully I'll be able to trail ride and climb steep hills for a long time.

·
Master of the Electron
14,507 Posts
Hey Leeroy just give us a follow up that’s all we ask! It will help future readers years from now with the same issue.
He probably realized it wasn't in neutral...

·
Registered
301 Posts
A friend had a CanAm sxs 1k,
turbo 3 cylinder...I think?
I liked it too much, and could see myself rolling it at high speed.
Not how I want to vegitize or die.
I still prefer to be thrown clear, lol.
I don't own any toys at the moment, but have ridden most of what's out there over the years, and a 700 Raptor will be next.
Hopefully I'll be able to trail ride and climb steep hills for a long time.
Yes those turbo 3 cylinders! My dad loves the can ams, I bought the Rzr though. Other fam owns the Yamaha yxz. They are all great IMO.
Funny story, I actually bought my quad after I bought my SxS.

I gotta say though, I love how almost every thread on this forum turns into a fairly personal conversation at some point.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Yes those turbo 3 cylinders! My dad loves the can ams, I bought the Rzr though. Other fam owns the Yamaha yxz. They are all great IMO.
Funny story, I actually bought my quad after I bought my SxS.

I gotta say though, I love how almost every thread on this forum turns into a fairly personal conversation at some point.
I agree.
It's always nice to find a group of civil, like minded folks.
I see sharp, experienced guys here, whose brains I can pick, and hopefully I can help someone else along the way.
And, after the questions are answered, and it's not really threadjacking anymore, I enjoy bs'n about 4wheelers, dirtbikes, and sportbikes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
To all that got offended cuz I called MYYYY Raptor a POS. Quit acting like little girls. Y’all all sentimental over what I called MY quad. Never did I mention y’all’s bikes pieces of shits. Just like desperado said, have some thick skin. What a example of this forum from the OGs lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Problem persists. Never found the problem. I just gotta be switching the switch back n fourth at times n pressing start button till it turns. Maybe it’s the switch.

·
10,583 Posts
To the OP, we're actually a bunch of nice guys that really do want to help, but a better description would have helped us. Once and a while we get carried away, so you have to have a thick skin and give it right back.

WELCOME (back) TO THE FORUM.
To all that got offended cuz I called MYYYY Raptor a POS. Quit acting like little girls. Y’all all sentimental over what I called MY quad. Never did I mention y’all’s bikes pieces of shits. Just like desperado said, have some thick skin. What a example of this forum from the OGs lol
Problem persists. Never found the problem. I just gotta be switching the switch back n fourth at times n pressing start button till it turns. Maybe it’s the switch.
I'm glad you're back and can give it back. One correction though.. It's pronounced desperado but with a "Z" instead of a "S", Dezperado.

Anyway, The neutral light may be coming on because of a low battery, bad or dirty connections. Test your battery and trickle/float charge your battery for a few days to at least 13.5 volts. Clean battery cables and connections to the solenoid and to the starter with a wire brush, clean and shiny, then add dielectric. Don't forget the ground cable. Check all cable connectors for white corrosion at the wires, a common problem on the 660's.

Your intermittent start switch could be dirty contacts in the switch, or related to a low battery. Low voltage means high amperage, and that burns contacts in the switch and most important in the solenoid.

WELCOME to the forum.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I'm glad you're back and can give it back. One correction though.. It's pronounced desperado but with a "Z" instead of a "S", Dezperado.

Anyway, The neutral light may be coming on because of a low battery, bad or dirty connections. Test your battery and trickle/float charge your battery for a few days to at least 13.5 volts. Clean battery cables and connections to the solenoid and to the starter with a wire brush, clean and shiny, then add dielectric. Don't forget the ground cable. Check all cable connectors for white corrosion at the wires, a common problem on the 660's.

Your intermittent start switch could be dirty contacts in the switch, or related to a low battery. Low voltage means high amperage, and that burns contacts in the switch and most important in the solenoid.

WELCOME to the forum.
Thanks I’ll see what I find later. It’s not bugging me much anymore cuz I can still start it. As for your name, I know but the autocorrect did it lol

·
Registered
1,833 Posts

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Lol, good luck getting help here.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Yes, because nobody in here helped you with your detonation issues...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
301 Posts
We’re just bustin your balls Leeroy. I think most of us have a drive to see problem through until solved, so it’s frustrating to see threads started and after we give advice there is no follow up.

Sometimes I toss and turn restlessly at night, the mystery just slowly eating away at my soul, not knowing whether LeeroyGee ever fixed his broken switch, or if he finally gave in, walked out in the garage with a handful of matches and a jug of kerosene and just burned that bastard to the ground.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
We’re just bustin your balls Leeroy. I think most of us have a drive to see problem through until solved, so it’s frustrating to see threads started and after we give advice there is no follow up.

Sometimes I toss and turn restlessly at night, the mystery just slowly eating away at my soul, not knowing whether LeeroyGee ever fixed his broken switch, or if he finally gave in, walked out in the garage with a handful of matches and a jug of kerosene and just burned that bastard to the ground.
Lol. Perfect. This is me 100%

·
10,583 Posts
Lol, good luck getting help here.

[/QUOTE

Yes, because nobody in here helped you with your detonation issues...

I believe I wore my fingers out helping him with detonation. 32 posts on his thread. Not to mention when he needed advice on a 58mm throttle body as well as a radiator. And the only help he has on this thread is his "WTF" and two "LOL's!!".

I know, I'm showing my arrogant side. Sorry to the OP for the hi-jack. See, you need a thick skin.

·
10,583 Posts

Yeah, just last year we helped rebuild a 660, in the UK, with a frozen piston pin. It took over two months and a lot of bad luck with to many problems that don't normally happen with a rebuild. But, he persevered and got it running, with a big relief on our part. It was like rebuilding a motor with your eyes closed from the other side of the world.

·
10,583 Posts
I was being sarcastic, the fact that y'all still decided to help after the dude was an asshole is extremely surprising.

He took the heat and came back and gave it right back, not all do! But, as said, we like to know if we helped or not. Like your piston problem was related to poor gas and a high compression piston. It takes a few posts to get all the information out for a good diagnosis. it sounds like the OP has more then one problem and may need additional trouble shooting.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts