Raptor Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Problem persists. Never found the problem. I just gotta be switching the switch back n fourth at times n pressing start button till it turns. Maybe it’s the switch.
Lol, good luck getting help here.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Yes, because nobody in here helped you with your detonation issues...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I was being sarcastic, the fact that y'all still decided to help after the dude was an asshole is extremely surprising.

I see where your coming from now. Sorry if i sounded like a jerk, its very hard to interpret context, emotion, or sarcasm in text! Lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Master of the Electron
14,507 Posts
POS is POS in my book, regardless of who owns it... It's the same relative to your POS descriptions of your POS symptoms:

You describe the 'switch' in a POS manner (there's the key switch, the start button and the run/stop switch) - I'm going to assume that you're TRYING to convey that it is the run/stop switch that you're exercising with little luck. SO it is most likely that it IS the run/stop switch that is the prime POS candidate here - it is in reality just the power switch for the CDI (the simple computer that generates spark) and it often gets filled with water and dirt, corroding the copper contacts. The start button contacts also get corroded at the same time. If you slide the run/stop back and forth while pressing the start button, occasionally you'll get them all to make proper contact and you'll get the quad to start.

You need to remove the switch cluster from the bars, and spray out the switches with contact cleaner (ideally), brake cleaner or WD-40 to remove the dirt and corrosion all the while exercising both switches a LOT while spraying to help break down the corrosion. This will usually fix those POS switches and get you back to operation.

Let us know if this fixes the POS. If, after this POS attempt, you still have more POS symptoms, please feel free to get back to us with more POS questions and we'll try to give you some more POS help.

😉

·
Registered
151 Posts
POS is POS in my book, regardless of who owns it... It's the same relative to your POS descriptions of your POS symptoms:

You describe the 'switch' in a POS manner (there's the key switch, the start button and the run/stop switch) - I'm going to assume that you're TRYING to convey that it is the run/stop switch that you're exercising with little luck. SO it is most likely that it IS the run/stop switch that is the prime POS candidate here - it is in reality just the power switch for the CDI (the simple computer that generates spark) and it often gets filled with water and dirt, corroding the copper contacts. The start button contacts also get corroded at the same time. If you slide the run/stop back and forth while pressing the start button, occasionally you'll get them all to make proper contact and you'll get the quad to start.

You need to remove the switch cluster from the bars, and spray out the switches with contact cleaner (ideally), brake cleaner or WD-40 to remove the dirt and corrosion all the while exercising both switches a LOT while spraying to help break down the corrosion. This will usually fix those POS switches and get you back to operation.

Let us know if this fixes the POS. If, after this POS attempt, you still have more POS symptoms, please feel free to get back to us with more POS questions and we'll try to give you some more POS help.

I'm sure he appreciates your POS advice... You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts