Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, my raptor doesnt want to start after riding. It starts and runs perfect, but when I turn it off ad try to start it back up after 30 seconds or so it wont start. After I let it set for 2-3 min. It starts back up and rus great. Whats the deal? :3question: Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
841 Posts
the push start buttons on theses are crap (have the same problem with my 700), the gf has had it happen a couple times also on her 350

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its not the push start. It turns over. It seems like it doesnt get fire or something.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Lose that Big Gun CDI and try your OEM one again. Lots of problems out of those ProCom/Big Gun CDI's just like the ones you are describing.

With all the engine mods you have the higher RPM's that the Big Gun CDI gives you are not gaining you anything. The HP/torque drops way off at that high of RPM's. Especially as many problems you have had with burnt pistons. That much RPM's is just going to compound your problems.

Here is a short discussion on some problems out there with the ProCom/Big Gun CDI's.

http://www.yfztech.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7790&hl=pro

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I cant try the oem cdi. It shorted out. Thats why I have the one I have now. I dont have the money to get another one and nobody around here has one that I can try.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
396RaptorRyder said:
I cant try the oem cdi. It shorted out. Thats why I have the one I have now. I dont have the money to get another one and nobody around here has one that I can try.
how long have u had it??..maybe u get send it back..are get them to give u another one..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ive had it for about 2 weeks. Where I ordered it I cant return it. It says in the book no return of electrical parts. I know that u cant return them b/c a buddy of mine had to buy 3 of them with out being able to return them.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
396RaptorRyder said:
Ive had it for about 2 weeks. Where I ordered it I cant return it. It says in the book no return of electrical parts. I know that u cant return them b/c a buddy of mine had to buy 3 of them with out being able to return them.
oh thats suck's..yea some place's are like that...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts