Raptor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I got my quad back it seems to struggle to start. It almost seems like a weak battery. I checked the battery and it has about 12.5 volts, and when it is running it seems to be charging at 14 volts. The only thing different is the 10.5:1 piston and stage II CAM install. It barely turns over at full choke, and won't start at half choke, and hesitates to start at no choke. I did put 10w-40 in it, I usually run 10w-30. I haven't checked the starter yet.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Ever since I got my quad back it seems to struggle to start. It almost seems like a weak battery. I checked the battery and it has about 12.5 volts, and when it is running it seems to be charging at 14 volts. The only thing different is the 10.5:1 piston and stage II CAM install. It barely turns over at full choke, and won't start at half choke, and hesitates to start at no choke. I did put 10w-40 in it, I usually run 10w-30. I haven't checked the starter yet.
well the battery could be going bad, but i found when we built up our engine that by running another ground wire directly from the bat. to one of the mount bolts on the starter and cleaning the existing ground wire pionts. solved that problem. i used some grounding strap like you would see inside an electrical cabinet from the door to the cabinet, i think you can get it at radio shack its flat copper about 3/4inch wide then use some crimp on conectors on the ends.:cool:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts