Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I have a 07 700 raptor, just here lately when I first start it up its runs flawless but about 2 min's after it has been started it starts popping/missing Barley running, Sort of acts like it's running out of gas, but it will sit and idle all day, as long as you don't touch the gas, It has just started doing this I rode it all day everyday parked it one night started it back up and BAM!! runs like shit

Please help I can not figure it out....

·
Registered
34 Posts
See if the vent in the gas cap is clear....plugged will do this. Other than that maybe check the TPS plug-in and make sure it's fully seated. I suppose you've looked at the spark plug already?
That's all I have right now.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gas cap vent is clear, coil wire is all the way in not loose, changed the plug, Unplugged the TPS's and plugged them back, Its crazy it runs great throttle response is good while its cold but about 2-5 mins after it warms up it pops miss's quits running runs like shit

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Come to think of it, I had the baby blue wire mod done at the time, I got scared I had the wrong wire grounded and removed it and wired it back up like factory ever since I put it back the way it was it has been acting like this do you think I could have damaged the computer?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well, one way to tell...just ground that wire again and see if it fixes it. Also, does the R light on the dash flicker when it cuts out? If so, either clean the connection on the reverse switch down by the front sprocket or remove the wire from the switch and ground it. The R light will not work and it will also disable the reverse rev limiter.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I grounded it out again and checked all the connections under the front sprocket cover and it still does the same thing, I also keep getting a jet black damn plug

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes the speed sensor I plugged the mod back up and it still does the same thing.. here's the catch guy's, This is a brand new plug put in for about 20 mins

I don't understand why it's running so rich it's wet also

I am using a map for the pc3 for a whites bro slipon K&N intake pc3
only thing different I have is a HMF slipon

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ive reloaded it with 4 different maps took it off used a friends msd nothing works i'm fucking blank now

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If I ease into the throttle real easy guys it runs pretty good if I touch the throttle any bit fast it pops and crap again

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Guys now the atv will not start and there is gas sitting inside the plug lmao

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol I've spent over 50$ in plugs I put a new plug in it right then it fired up and run like a new one after it gets good and hot again runs like crap again and fouls the plug out lmao

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Starting to hate Yamaha's or Raptor's at least

·
Registered
16 Posts
Don't blame the bike... You have a problem that needs to be investigated and throwing spark plugs in it over and over wont help.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Now here is a strange thing about the atv, It run all day today fine other then a little pop every now and then, so checked the plug it was black on the outside of the threads but was snow white on the little bent part and porchlin, But here's the crazy thing, It had a half a tank of gas when I started it up, After 30 mins of riding and running up and down the highway its empty with the gas lite on and i check to see if fuel was coming out any were and its not

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm doing all I can bro,

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hello I had this same problem, I checked everything, stock injector was leaking. A board member sent me his old one where he had upgraded, problem fixed. Hope this helps I feel ypur pain. If you need help PM me I will give you my contact number. Mike

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks man yeah there is a guy sending me one on here I'm waiting on it to come in now But the crazy thing is I went outside today started the 700 up and road it all day no problems I dunno about it lmao

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Screw up again lmao

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It seems like if i set and let it run for about 20 mins lol sad as that sounds then ride it, its fine, but if i touch the gas before 20 mins it will foul the plug what gives

1 - 20 of 29 Posts