Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a brand new battery from Peb Boys for my 660, prepared it following the instructions, installed it and run for one month before I change it under warranty because it loss the charge, I have to do that for the next three months and it fail again.::) Also have a battery tender to keep it charged. I start the engine and remove the positive cable and to see if the engine fails but it keeps running so I discard the stator problem. Maybe is the batter quality, or not? Any suggestion would be appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
167 Posts
Go buy a multimeter and check the voltage with it running and it shut off and see if it has more voltage when running.

·
Master of the Electron
15,679 Posts
If the charging system is working properly (measure battery voltage with engine running well above idle, should be at least 13.5 VDC) then the problem is either bad batteries OR you have some phantom load that is drawing current even when the key switch is off... more current than your Battery Tender can supply.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.