Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into getting some Fasst Flexx Bars for the 700. I purchased an 04 KFX 700 for my fiance, (because she can't shift, lol) and it came equipped with the flex bars. Houser stem, some nice clamps, and a stabilizer as well. That Big Bulky Utility horse, of a sport quad rides like a dream MAN! The previous owner installed Fox shocks, (or some sort of Piggy Backs) and that big thing gets it!

My question is, if I go the Flexx bars, is Lonestar just as good as Houser, as far as steering stem? Are the cheaper steering stabilizers as good as the more expensive ones? Like say a Precision stabilizer for $550 compared to a Streamline stabilizer for $140?

The package I was considering would have included a +1 1/4 or +2 houser stem. I know it's personal preference, but which height would be more comfortable, if I plan on lowering the 700 anyway?

Last but not least, is a steering damper necessary? Or, a non factor when considering a stabilizer? Or the same thing?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
I just got the houser steering stem and a precision stablizer. The first time I hit the trail I noticed a huge difference. I can ride down a rocky trail with one hand on the bars and still have full control. I should have done the steering stem a long time ago. The stick ones put resistance on the stem to keep the vibrations down where the precision you don't even know it's there. An other option instead of flex bars is the precision shock and vibe handle bar clamp.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
another option is the CCP stabilizer ive heard really good things about it. and fairly cheap i think on ebay there 185 brand new and rebuildable but your choice. after front tires next season i will be looking for a stabilizer.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
the ccp works like the sticks but is a better than the sticks. I havn't heard any thing bad about the ccp.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
another option is the CCP stabilizer ive heard really good things about it. and fairly cheap i think on ebay there 185 brand new and rebuildable but your choice. after front tires next season i will be looking for a stabilizer.
I've noticed the rebuildable or non rebuildable. What is the difference in the two? How would you rate this setup.

+1 1/4 Houser stem
Fasst Flexx bars (14 degree bend)
Houser anti-vibe bar clamps

I guess I would need to add a stabalizer?

Streamline 11 Way steering stabilizer.
http://compare.ebay.com/like/140613661489?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&_lwgsi=y

Also, the Houser/Flexx combo including clamps is like $630

Is this a decent set up?

I know a member here who has lots of knowledge on the subject. Where is the WholeShot King? lol

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I'm going to go with the Precision Damper, Houser stem, and Flexx bars w/Houser clamps! Thanks for the insight guys. Opinions and views still welcome!

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have a Trail Tech bar clamp. It has a neat little spot to mount your ignition barrel.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea, I was wondering what I'm going to do about the ignition? Relocate it?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
i would try the Houser stem, Precision clamp, pro taper contour bars (raptor bend) and the newer ccp damper with sides/center adjustment. i think the whole setup is probably cheaper.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
I would talk to Steve at tqs I got some good pricing from him and he's always good to deal with.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I think I'm going to go with the Precision Damper, Houser stem, and Flexx bars w/Houser clamps! Thanks for the insight guys. Opinions and views still welcome!
Very Nice..

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
+1 on using TQS, bought most of my stuff from Steve

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The Flexx bars are (VERY) low, so a +1 stem with flexx bars is still lower than stock and may hit the top of the tank...
Appreciate the heads up! A good man enlightened me to go with a +2 Houser stem, if I planned on running Flexx bars! Thanks.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Can you run a Trail Tech Vapor computer with your bar clamps? Also, do you supply a clamp that has an ignition hole in it, so no relocating is necessary?
get the trail tech anti vibe housing it looks great and works with the stem. you can relocate the key to the reverse lever spot and get the dr d reverse kit to relocate the revese to the hanle bars. or you can just drill a hole on the left side and put the key in the fender.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
get the trail tech anti vibe housing it looks great and works with the stem. you can relocate the key to the reverse lever spot and get the dr d reverse kit to relocate the revese to the hanle bars. or you can just drill a hole on the left side and put the key in the fender.
Thanks. Which route did you choose?

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Can you run a Trail Tech Vapor computer with your bar clamps? Also, do you supply a clamp that has an ignition hole in it, so no relocating is necessary?
There is a clamp with a place for ignition, so no relocating is necessary, right? ???

1 - 20 of 21 Posts