Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a PEP steering stabilizer, but the body of it got lost during my recent move. What's the scoop on stabilizers for the 660? Should I get another PEP or is there better stuff out there?

·
Registered
827 Posts
anyone? im interested in this as well.... ive seen the PEP and Denton fairly priced. do i have to spend and arm and a leg to get a good one?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I went with a Denton Rebuildable, it cost a few bucks more but you can rebuild it if it ever starts to leak, or just send it back to Denton and have them rebuild it. It's better than buying a new one every few riding seasons....

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've got a SRP stabilizer from Magic Racing. 7 position, rebuildable and I think It was around $110 or so. Only gripe is that I had to use a small strip of rubber in the clamp on the steering stem as the clamp was just a hair too large to grip the shaft alone.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Im getting ready to buy a Gibson for my 700. They can be had for cheap and are available in either rebuildable or not. A freind of mine has one on his 450r and I could tell the difference on rough trails.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a Denton on my 660. Well worth the money. :thumbsup:

If you want some pictures on how its mounted, or how it looks installed let me know.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
They are all the same, they all buy the cartidge from the same manufacturer and just put their sticker on it (Noss, Denton, GWC). Buy the cheapest one and it'll be the same.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've decided to go with the denton unit. It's easier to get to the adjustements. Plus the reason why the guy sold me the PEP in the first place was because it wouldn't work with the oversized oil tank he got... and I just ordered an oversized tank.

·
Registered
885 Posts
When I started riding the Raptor I was dead set on getting a steering stabilizer. It would rip the bars all over the place on fast, rough ground. After I installed all of my suspension, I no longer feel the need for one since all of the problems went away.

I can't help you with the steering damper question, but the moral of the story is the stock suspension sucks. :lol:

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The cheapest I've found is $165 shipped at Dana Creech Racing for a rebuildable denton. Has anyone found a better price? Any on ebay are just as much if not more. Most everywhere is 170 shipped.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.