Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride mostly trails but plan on getting out to the sand dunes this summer. Which stabilizer is better and why? Any other suggestions on brand that don't cost a fortune?

Moose
Pep
Streamline 7 way
Streamline 11 way
Gibson

·
Registered
587 Posts
I have this CCP one and it works really well.

Attachments

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have heard those r really nice but I need 2 of them so I am trying to keep my cost down so I can buy 2 of them.

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Why do you need 2? And why not get like a Precision bar clamp. They are expensive, but they really perform great, from what I have saw.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes her's is stock until she let's me tear into it. I am trying to buy a pc3 for it now. Going to take the air lid off and pull the stock exhaust insert out for now. Figure that's the cheapest mod for now. Then maybe later upgrade the exhaust if she will let me. I have already put on a k&n billet intake adaptor with a no toil foam filter. So taking off the lid and taking out the insert plus a pc3 (of course) should do good for now...

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
Stick stabilizers are anywhere from 125-200 dollars, the CCP is just shy of 200 dollars. For the price, I'd opt for a CCP over a 150 dollar stick stabilizer.

IMO the sticks are all pretty interchangeable. Some are rebuildable but those cost more money to start and by the time you rebuild it once or twice you could have bought a brand new one again.

If you're married to the stick stabilizer idea, just find one that is 7 way adjustable, I know on some atvs the PEP style mounts differently than others. I have a gibson and a Golden West branded stabilizer, both sticks, and there's no functional difference beteween most of the sticks I've ridden with.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Then it's getting dyno'd. I want to see the differ between mine and her's hp an torque should be interesting or just really make me mad!!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Stick stabilizers are anywhere from 125-200 dollars, the CCP is just shy of 200 dollars. For the price, I'd opt for a CCP over a 150 dollar stick stabilizer.

IMO the sticks are all pretty interchangeable. Some are rebuildable but those cost more money to start and by the time you rebuild it once or twice you could have bought a brand new one again.

If you're married to the stick stabilizer idea, just find one that is 7 way adjustable, I know on some atvs the PEP style mounts differently than others. I have a gibson and a Golden West branded stabilizer, both sticks, and there's no functional difference beteween most of the sticks I've ridden with.
Really? Where can I find a ccp for that cheap from?

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
That's the retail price, the MFR sells them on ebay. Just search for "CCP Raptor"

·
Registered
749 Posts
i think the CCP would be the "best bang for your buck." of course, you get what you pay for. i'm sure the elka and precision ones are awesome, but i couldn't justify spending $500 on a stabilizer. i'm very happy with my CCP. i bought mine from the guy who makes them on ebay (i think his screen name is custom-cnc-parts) and he shipped it very quick

·
Registered
555 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
What is the advantage with the ccp vs a stick stablizer. I'm looking for a stablizer too and don't want to spend 400-500 bucks on a precision or elka.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Don't get a stick stabilizer! The frame rail where the front connection is isn't strong enough and crushes. I have flat spots on my frame now thanks to that piece of shit. And no I didn't overtighten it either! Just tight enough to keep it from slipping around and scratching up my frame. If your going to get one then go with a puck style. Also the precision and elka stabilizers dont make it stiffer to steer whereas the ccp does. So if you set it to the highest level it is like turning a car with no powersteering. The precisions & elkas only absorb fast shock so IMO if your going to spend the money then just do it right the first time around and don't make the same mistake I did. JMO

1 - 20 of 90 Posts