Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any installed pics of their stabilzer setups? I am more so looking at the cheaper shock type. Do they all stick out the front under the nose, or do some mount different? I am trying to find one that won't interfere with my winch.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Here are pics of the Gibson Dual Rebuildable. Easy to install, easy to take care of, 7 hardness settings, at half the price of the scotts, precision or elka stabs.

Frank

Attachments

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Frank, looks like the damper on the right will be in my way. Does Gibson have a website, maybe they make an offset single?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hey man,

You can get it in a single. I think a single is like 160 bucks vs. 500. To me it made sense for what I'm doing with my bike. I've whacked some pretty big rocks and stumps, so between the elka's and the stab doing thier thing in conjunction I've managed to keep the bike from going over on me. Now come spring when the hare scrambles start, I'll be looking a Precision or an Elka for the return damping features.

Frank

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm, just read that K&K and Eastcoast are partners in Gibson. That's too bad almost looks like it would work for me. Maybe I'll have to go with a precision or Scotts.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Diddly said:
Hmmm, just read that K&K and Eastcoast are partners in Gibson. That's too bad almost looks like it would work for me. Maybe I'll have to go with a precision or Scotts.
Something bad happen?

Frank

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
frankhkp7 said:
Something bad happen?

Frank
I had a run in with K&K and refuse to spoend a cent there.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Diddly said:
frankhkp7 said:
Something bad happen?

Frank
I had a run in with K&K and refuse to spoend a cent there.
Sucks to hear that man. If Gibson is out of the running, I think Pep's and Denton make stick stabilizers. I'm almost positive they all buy them from the same manufacturer and only throw a sticker with thier name on it before they ship it out.

Frank

Frank

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Group buy for precision with KB (sponsor). If you want a price pm me and Iw will let you know. We are close to the number we need to get the group discount so join us and save.

G

·
when riding how many times have you hit something and had those bars ripped from your grip, thats kinda of what there trying to prove.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Anyone used the Elka System 3 or 5 dampners? I assume they will be much the same as a Precision?

·
Registered
87 Posts
triraptor said:
How much will it help with the chop at the dunes?

A lot for front to back movement. But not to much for the up and down movement. That is why I went with the Flexx Bars as well. Damper was worth the money, not sad I bought at all. BTW, I have an Elka System 3.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I bought a pep off ebay the first week I had my Raptor. Yes it is cheap and no it does not have any adjustment but it works for me and I like how it attaches toward the rear of the machine instead of the front. My friend bought a Gibson and it scares me how it stick out the front by the bumper.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 49 Posts