Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I'm trying to decide what steering stem to go with i like Houser and roll design.... but i also found a Gibson steering stem that i also like but which one is the best to get but where can i find it for under 200 bucks? i found a Houser for 210 but what length should i get +2??? i am 6'6" and want the bars at a good comfortable position? or should i just get stock size stem and a rox riser? please let me know what you guys think. ok now with the flexx bars where can i get a real good deal on them? and i will sell my pro taper se 7/8 black handle bars only put them on and rode about a total of 6 hours with them great condition no scratches or bends but ill sell them for $60.00... and i have also been wondering do steering stabilizers help or what do you guys think?

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Ok guys I'm trying to decide what steering stem to go with i like Houser and roll design.... but i also found a Gibson steering stem that i also like but which one is the best to get but where can i find it for under 200 bucks? i found a Houser for 210 but what length should i get +2??? i am 6'6" and want the bars at a good comfortable position? or should i just get stock size stem and a rox riser? please let me know what you guys think. ok now with the flexx bars where can i get a real good deal on them? and i will sell my pro taper se 7/8 black handle bars only put them on and rode about a total of 6 hours with them great condition no scratches or bends but ill sell them for $60.00... and i have also been wondering do steering stabilizers help or what do you guys think?
I love my Houser anti vibe stem, its way stronger than the super weak stock stem, if you want flexx bars you will need the 1 1/8 bar mount and I would go that size even if you don't go with flexx as the 1 1/8 are stronger and absorb the shock and vibrations better imo. Your gonna need to run at least a +1 to clear the tank topper plastics, im 6'1 but sit as tall as someone who is 6'5" / 6'6" in hindsight id probably go +2 and 1 1/8 right off the bat as the bar mounts are 85$ to change and and the +2 make it easier to ride standing also you'll need longer brake lines spend the extra $ on steel braided lines they are worth it. Good luck

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man.. yeah i think i would go +2 stem but would it be way to high if i got 2 inch risers on that? i would for sure get the braided break lines. do they make longer throttle cables and clutch cables and longer starting cables... but i dont know let me know if +2 stem and 2 inch risers are to much. i think i would like em higher.....

·
Registered
4,986 Posts

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Just go with a +2 houser or lsr stem or one of carpenters special stem and a low bar bend to compensate some of the height and you should be good

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
The houser steering stem is on my list to get. Like 686 said the 1 1/8 bars are much better than the 7/8 ones if you dont get the flexx bars look into the Fasst Anti Vibe inserts they will help take some of the vibrations out to. My fat bars and Anti Vibe insterts made a huge difference with arm pump. Any thing with the anti vibe clamp will help out.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Just go with a +2 houser or lsr stem or one of carpenters special stem and a low bar bend to compensate some of the height and you should be good
Just curious how do you think you can go before extended cables are needed ??

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What would be a good low bar bend for flexx bars? An I will prolly go with housebroken or if carpenter will hook it up ill go with that Hah but I'm gonna do a +2 stem an 1 1/8 flexx bar an just bar mounts you guys know any sites that are extremely good with prices??

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Just curious how do you think you can go before extended cables are needed ??
I have seen guys do the +2 with the low bend and reroute brake lines and throttle lines and what not but imo if you do +2 with raptor bend bars you're gonna need longer lines.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i prolly will get raptor bend where can i get new lines from? i know where to find break lines but i haven't seen where to get clutch, throttle etc.

·
Ridin High.....
961 Posts
im 6'6" too. i went with the LSR +2 stem and flexx bars. i love the riding position. standing up riding is A LOT better too for us tall guys. be cutting it close with your cables though.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
I have houser stem with flexx bars and I LOVE it.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
I have a Lonestar +2+1 with flexx bars and all stock cables. Including a DrD reverse lever. A little creativity in rerouting them might be necessary though.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah i think i might as well get long lines because im eventually gonna put new front end on.. speacking of that do you guys think that houser lt front end is good or what about ims roll? and for mx riding is +2 a good width?

·
Ridin High.....
961 Posts
yeah i think i might as well get long lines because im eventually gonna put new front end on.. speacking of that do you guys think that houser lt front end is good or what about ims roll? and for mx riding is +2 a good width?
can't beat LSRs lifetime warrenty. ya +2 is a good width for MX. houser MGC is a nice setup too. and roll design imo is baller, if you got the $$$ for it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts