Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is probably a silly question to ask but I’m trying to choose between 2 steering stems Alba Racing & Houser. I would like to know which of them is better overall. Yes I already know Houser is a better quality brand but I only do street riding on my raptor no jumps or trails. So is getting the Houser stem worth it over the Alba stem. What can possibly be better in the Houser stems that’s worth the extra money. If any of you have personal experience with these stems please share.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Well, if you’re only doing street riding I’d say the Alba is more than enough. If you’ve ever twisted or bent your steering stem before, then I’d recommend going with a Houser or Lonestar. Not many of us can claim we’ve bent a stem, they are fairly strong.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have never bent a stem before but maybe cause I only do street riding. I would like to get the alba because it’s much cheaper and it comes with clamp but that Houser does look a whole lot better.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I hear you bro. Id get the Alba, I think it’s 160 with the clamp right? That’s a good deal. You can go +2 on it for comfort too.
User Dezperado has a used stem he could give you a deal on I’m sure. It’s chrome if you like that color.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Where are you doing street riding at in the USA?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea it’s 160 with the clamp. What stem does he have ? My Raptor is not in the states. It’s in the Dominican Republic I go there about every month for a couple days and ride. I haven’t been able to go due to the Covid it’s been annoying me. But if you are interested in riding in the street legally in any state that you’re in. I have the people who could help you make them legal they handle all the process for you and you will be able to ride even on the high way or anywhere with no problem. I will be getting a brand new raptor this year here in Miami, FL after I buy my house and will be making mine street legal. I’ll leave you a picture of my quad.
57057895-F915-4FB4-9F8E-C29526B3C62E.jpeg

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well, if you’re only doing street riding I’d say the Alba is more than enough. If you’ve ever twisted or bent your steering stem before, then I’d recommend going with a Houser or Lonestar. Not many of us can claim we’ve bent a stem, they are fairly strong.
Don’t know how to internet tonight I guess

·
Registered
81 Posts
I replaced stock with alba, so far no complaints antivibe was underwhelming i might end up switching to flexxbars

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay I’m a little confused are you talking about the A-Arms or the Stems? because I already have Alba +2 A-arms and yes whatever Stem I do get I will be pairing it with an Alba antivibe Clamps & Flexx handlebars. My question is in regards to the Steering stems.

·
Registered
720 Posts
For street riding bro I’d really say the Alba is plenty. Think of all the other upgrades you could buy with the money you saved!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea that’s what I thought of I don’t think it’s necessary for street riding. Does it look good yea but is it worth paying all that when I can get the same thing from Alba that has the same function and looks nice as well and cheaper. I was thinking maybe if I do a hard turn when I do some donuts something could happen to it but that’s very unlikely to happen because I haven’t done it with OEM Stem. I’m gonna pair that with the antivibe clamp & Flexx handlebar I can already imagine it.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I have an extended stem with old style anti vibe mounts and the flexx bars and it’s killer. Much more noticeable difference over the stock set up on my other bike. Would recommend.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,054 Posts
The Alba stems bend or twist the splines at the bottom from the slightest accident or maybe hitting a curb. Read their warranty,, basically it says there is none. Do you want to trust your life with that.? Spend a little more money for the piece of mind.

I have a used extended stem i took off my 700 before selling it. I have it listed for $180 plus about $15 - $20 for shipping. Let me know if you're interested.

·
Registered
81 Posts
But those aren’t the stems those are The A-Arms?
I can’t find my picture of the bent stock stem, that was from the same crash. I replaced it with the alba stem. I spent about two weeks debating the same as you in the end figured I’d rather replace another $160 stem rather than a tweaked frame.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The Alba stems bend or twist the splines at the bottom from the slightest accident or maybe hitting a curb. Read their warranty,, basically it says there is none. Do you want to trust your life with that.? Spend a little more money for the piece of mind.

I have a used extended stem i took off my 700 before selling it. I have it listed for $180 plus about $15 - $20 for shipping. Let me know if you're interested.
View attachment 138509 View attachment 138510 View attachment 138511
Alright I don’t plan on having any accidents but you never know what could happen. I would buy the stem of you but I want a black stem the one you have is like chromed. If it’s true what you say I would go with the housers.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts