I flipped the 2011 going up very steep rocky hill and managed to bend the

steering stem and frame loop. I'm not concerned about the frame

cause I will bend it back and weld some gussets on but what steering steering

stem is preferred? Will I need an extended front brake line for a +1 and will I

need new controls If I were to do a 1 1/8" bar? Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
you should be just fine for the brakeline... the 1 1/8th bars are still the same size for your controls and grips.. its only fatter towards the stem..

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
The 700 stems are very weak. I built my own custom chromoly stem but you could simply buy one. You will not need to extend your cables for a +1 but any longer than +1 3/4" and you will need longer cables and brake line. Whatever you do don't buy another oem stem cause they're junk. I could build you a custom chromoly stem whatever length and color you want for 150 shipped. But i won't be able to get started until next weekend. Heres a couple pics of the last one I built.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys, I would jump all over that carpenter but I need something for this this weekend so I'm probably going to pull the trigger on something tomorrow. Yea, I was very surprise I did about $1000 of damage with one full revolution if I were to replace everything that broke...:D

Are LSR and Houser the only manufactures of these?

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Yeah they are the only ones building the chromoly stems. Besides me LOL! I actually use the splines and top piece minus the thin guage flat plate on the top. I replace the shaft with 1/8" wall 1 1/4" chromoly and spin the spline section down in my lathe. Then insert it into the new chromoly tubing. Tig weld that, then I use 3/16" steel on the top plate. They're tough as hell lol you wont bend'em that's for sure. The oem stems are 16 guage potmetal.

·
Registered
366 Posts
JD performance, Rath racing, Herrmann racing, Atv Four Play, JB racing, ASR, and ARS also make stems for the 700.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts