Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i rolloed my 07 rap down a hill the other day and bent the handle bars and steerin column, i was just wonderin if its easy to put one of those on urself or should i just take to some one to do it?

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
All you have to do is take off the seat, take out a few bolts and clips to get the front plastic off. I always put the bolts back in to their spots when I remove anything, so I don't forget where it goes... but then you can unbolt the handle bar clamp from the top of the stem. Pull the pin and take the nut off the bottom. You should be able to slide the flag out off the bottom of the stem. The worst part is taking the top clamp bolts out of the top of the stem behind the radiator. It's a little tight, but overall an easy process, just time consuming. Once you loosen that top clamp behind the radiator it should slide right out. Def look into buying an aftermarket stem. I've used Houser on my quads in the past and wrecked quite a few times, no issues.

·
Ridin High.....
961 Posts
on my 3rd LSR stem now. went with a lower height instead of the +2s that ive been getting, so maybe ill have a little less leverage during a roll and not bend as much.

pulling the tank will make it easier to get to those two stem mount bolts, espically when you have to bend those lock tabs.

stem swap is pretty easy though, just keep track of your bolts and where they go.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
It's easy but a pain in the ass to do but. I have a houser and I like it but I havn't rolled it or had a wreck so I'm not sure how strong it is but they claim to be the strongest. Check TQSATV.com for good pricing.

·
Ridin High.....
961 Posts
4130 chromoly. their still made to bend. to save your frame (or try to). so im not sure how much "stronger" they can really be. if i bend this one, im prob going back to stock stem and antivibe risers. and will have 2 spare stockers in the truck...

200 bucks a stem gets old

1 - 5 of 5 Posts