Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
My name is Jeremy and I am brand new to the Raptor family (4Hours) and ATV family (I am a dirt biker). I bought a really cheap heavily used 2002 Raptor 660R with some front end issues. I can easily purchase replacement parts if you have a recommendation of parts and brands. Or if it just needs some adjustment. Also if you are located in Pierce County WA or King County WA and I would love to have a wrenching session with a few beers.

Attachments

·
Master of the Electron
14,549 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jeremy!

I may be dense, but from the pictures I don't discern any obvious failures except, perhaps, for leaking shocks - but I can't really tell if they're leaking or just dirty. Can you describe your issues to us please?

I can tell you that it has ALBA extended A-arms, which is a nice start to a much better than stock front end.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,852 Posts
I can't tell from the pictures either. It may appear that the wheels are turning to far. If so, the steering flag may have had the stops ground down.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Dezperado and QuadManiac, sorry for my late response I went camping and trail riding. The issue I am having is when turning the wheels are not in (pointing the same direction) When turned right the rim and tire rub/touch the A-arms. When turned left it has ~ 2inch gap between the the rim/tire and the A-arms.

·
Master of the Electron
14,549 Posts
Typical for a bent or twisted steering stem. If lucky, you can sometimes just grind off the locating spline and remount the Pittman arm rotated by one spline to eliminate the offset...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts