Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode 4 hour in a row with a couple 10 minute breaks, but my darn arms got tried from turning my raptor.I was in the woods with LOTS of tight turns. Had my girlfriend on the back, but shes only weights 120 or so. Maybe that was the problem, but regardless I want a steering upgrade. Whats the most bang for the buck??

·
Registered
584 Posts
Pump some iron. No really what kind of steering upgrade you talking about?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was the first ride of the year to. Might be why I'm sore.Just an upgrade that might make the raptor turn alittle easier.Had a 400 LTZ before, but I don't remember it working me that hard.Maybe theres nothing to help out my problem. Don't know much about it. Rather put my money in the motor, but I think a steering upgrade would be useful if theres one available.

Sure is nice to have that low end power even with my girlfriend on the back. Lugging hills in 3rd with no problem gives me a hard-on. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
75 Posts
unless you order castor adjustable arms then aftermarket arms aren't really going to help you that much. However if your looking to make it so that it turns faster then contact steve at smc fabrication and see if he would make you only the upper arms with his castor adjustable system. His number is 9893050983

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
A damper may help you. They help with arm pump when you hit an even part in the trail. A freind of mine added a Gibson on his 450r and I could feel the difference when I took his quad out. They are around $130-$180 for a single non rebuildable unit.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I don't think steering upgrades will resolve the actual problem.
You stated it was the first ride of the season. You should be sore.
You stated you rode for four hours with a couple of 10 minute breaks You'll be especially sore.
Add to that the Raptor 700 in stock configuration is designed to carry 220 pounds. The quad was overloaded, based on your approximation of your girlfriend's weight - unless you weigh 100lbs or less, in which case the upgrades needed are available at your nearest drivethru because you have no business riding something as big as a 700.
If it were me I'd not carry a passenger next time and see how it goes before sinking money into something not designed to do what I did.

·
Registered
648 Posts
+1 / Agreed...biggest bang for your buck....get rid of the girlfriend :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
As a freebie...You can try adjusting your toe in out 1 degree. It will steer a little quicker in the woods but my get a little nervous at high speed. Sometimes during final assembly they get a little happy on the toe adjustment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.