Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son wanted to take my 08, 700 out this winter when I was gone to pull a sled, it was -5 F so he killed the battery trying to start it. He then used my big charger which ruined the battery so I bought a new one. It still wouldn't start so I looked it over and found the EFI fuse burnt and I replaced it. Still no luck. Well I got it to finally start, it was a weak, not fouled plug. So I took it for a spin and it popped the EFI fuse (10AMP). I put another one in and turned the key on and the fuel pump turned on and popped the fuse again. So at this point I had to get it back home so I put a 15 amp in it, yes I know that’s not good to do but had to get it back home or push it, it did not pop that fuse so when I made it back home I put another 10 Amp in and same thing, POP. Can anybody tell me what this could be caused from? Could there have been more damage from charging the battery wrong the first time?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,986 Posts
You could have a direct ground. Look all over for burnt wires! From battery to relay, and then to the starter. The ground wire from the battery to the motor and there's a pigtail 3" down from the battery along the ground wire. Pull the plug on the rectifier and use dialectric grease on every single connection you can see and unplug including the battery terminals and spark plug boot. Take the boot completely off the wire and use grease in there as well as removing it from the coil and use grease there. Remove the coil wires and use the grease there also. Use it everywhere and watch for burnt wires while your doing it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,439 Posts
Is your son still alive? Just asking LOL. Man what a pain! I would be pissed until he turns blue do the Simpsons ring a bell?

Hope you find your second problem first one taken care of, be it the son LOL!

Update when you do...Carpenter sure knows alot thank God for him!
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top