Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble with trying to buy a new set of tires. I heard some bad comments about the itp hd holeshots. those were the ones I was originally going to buy... (someone was complaining they were too heavy and didn't last long) I heard some good about the razors, and there was another company I heard about but can't remember the name.

I basically want the most grip but dont wanna add weight!

For wheels I know I am prob going to go with the douglas .125's

·
Registered
464 Posts
I run Maxxix Razr's and have been nothing but pleased. A friend has the ITP's on his YZF and he wasn't happy with how they wore and will be changing.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do trail riding and alot of it is running just about wide open and there is nothing that could hurt the atv. Like I dont even need skids really.......

But during the summer I will drag race it on a packed dirt surface (1000 feet) and I want alot of grip and to me the holeshot hd's seem like they would do that the best..... I dont know. I heard the .125's were really light!

·
Registered
657 Posts
I have always really liked the Kenda Klaw, they last really well, aren't very heavy and they are reversable for soft or hard pack. You can get pretty good deals on them from Rocky Mountain also. I liked the regular razrs I had on my old 400EX also.

Jay

·
Registered
130 Posts
i have razor 2s they are great tires i have 160 hours on them not 1 flat tire and they still have 50% left on them . the holeshot hds are very heavy and they dont last as long

·
Registered
219 Posts
I've got Holeshot XCT's and they are wearing very well. They're 22" rears, and I don't notice any extra weight when riding. I liked how they handled on my wife's V-force, so I bought them for the Raptor and have been very happy.

When I bought them, I saw the knew Kenda Knarly XC's. They looked like a good tire. My experience with the Maxxis Razr's and Razr 2's is that they wear down pretty quickly. I ride on high speed desert trails and rocky technical dirt/rocky mountain trails, and the Holeshot XCT's have always been a good pick. I'd buy them again, but I'm also considering the ITP Trac Stars (which are radials and should ride better). No matter what tire you run, you will wear them out...it's the price of having fun. Buy some and ride with them...if you find out that you didn't like them, try a different brand/model the next time.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Maxxix Razr's ftw!!!!!!!!!!!1

they hook the best for dirt :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok I am going to go with the razors! Now, what size? 20" or 22" I also have a 15T sprocket and believe that my bike is already geared decently tall so would it be best to get the 20"/15tsprocket or 22"/stock sprocket? Also, how much heavier would the 22" be compared to the 20"

all I'm trying to do is get from point A to point B as fast as possible. :p

·
Registered
596 Posts
those kenda's how are they with mud?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
if you decide to get any larger tires, you should decide if you will ever get nerf bars...if you think that you may someday [get nerfs], then i suggest that you stay with stock sizes on your tires. the nerfs of today are built with very close clearances of the stock sized tires, so larger tires may or may not allow nerfs to applied at a later date.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Go with Kenda Knarly or Klaws, they weigh less than most tires, last longer for the most part and cost less too.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
SOURCE "DENNIS KIRK"

FRONT TIRES
Maxxis M931 Razr MX Tire $63.99
Diameter: 20 in.
Construction: 4 Ply/Bias
Position: Front Only
Rim Size: 10 in.
Type: All Terrain
Width: 6 in.
Weight: 9.0lbs

Kenda K532 Klaw Tire $62.99
Diameter: 21 in.
Width: 7 in.
Construction: 4 Ply/Bias
Weight: 9.87lbs

ITP MXR6 Front Tires $72.99
Diameter: 20 in.
Position: Front
Type: Tire
Width: 6 in.
Weight: 9.87lbs

ITP Front Radial Trac Star Tires $89.99
Weight: 9.93lbs

Kenda K574F Tire $56.99
Weight: 10.68lbs

Pirelli Race Rail XC Tire $84.99
Construction: 6 Ply/Bias
Weight: 10.81lbs

Maxxis M933 RazrII Tire $93.99
Weight: 11.31lbs

Maxxis IRazr M943 Tire $84.99
Construction: 6 Ply/Radial
Weight: 12.56lbs

ITP Holeshot HD $82.99
Diameter: 22 in.
Weight: 13.5lbs

ITP Holeshot GNCC Front Tire $86.99
Diameter: 22 in.
Width: 10 in.
Weight: 14.06lbs

SOURCE "DENNIS KIRK"

·
Registered
965 Posts
XCT's are Awesome!  My brother has them on his 372 stroker.  Been riding it for 2 years in upstate NY on rocks, hard-pack dirt roads, and trails, and they still have over 50% tread on them.  Great traction too!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts