Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

How good are the stock piggybacks when adjusted right. I ride only trails and would like a better ride. Any ideas

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm about 6'1 240. i have the ressi's

i've got the se 07 white and blue

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
I'm about 6'1 240. i have the ressi's

i've got the se 07 white and blue
they'll be ten times better if you send them to josh @ wiigstyle to be revalved and sprung for your weight and style of riding he can make them a good as any std travel aftermarket shock out there. he having a sale through the end of feb hit him up

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya my 07 se came with them. Mines not all back together just yet lol. Just been super busy and cold lol.

Hopefully soon as it warms up spider.

Goin to ride royal blue at the end of march with a big group.

Wouldn't mind trading off my old bottom end with 1 bad case and bad rod, plus my stock 07 ressie shocks for a nice set of aftermarket shocks already set for my weight and style of riding lol

·
Dirty Lil Bastard
602 Posts
Setting them up is vital to a better ride. Takes about 30 minutes if you have a buddy to help.

·
Dirty Lil Bastard
602 Posts
No adjusting for compression and preload silly. Although you are a lot heavier than me so you might need them revalved and sprung. Shock was close to topped out and I'm 175.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Setting them up is vital to a better ride. Takes about 30 minutes if you have a buddy to help.
Agreed ! I'm willing to bet 90% of people who go out and buy aftermarket shocks haven't spent the time to properly setup their stockers. Not to say the stockers are the best by any means, but take some time to get them setup right and see how that rides before dumping $500+ into an aftermarket setup.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
No adjusting for compression and preload silly. Although you are a lot heavier than me so you might need them revalved and sprung. Shock was close to topped out and I'm 175.

I know im just messing with ya, just one of those boring days @ work

Agreed ! I'm willing to bet 90% of people who go out and buy aftermarket shocks haven't spent the time to properly setup their stockers. Not to say the stockers are the best by any means, but take some time to get them setup right and see how that rides before dumping $500+ into an aftermarket setup.
I feel the same seg, the stockers are pretty good if you dial them in, its like you said 90% who go out and spend the money on aftermarket shocks don't know how to properly set the shocks up to them and their terrain and imo probably would have kept the stockers till their skill level takes them past what pure stockers can give

1 - 11 of 11 Posts