Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of piping and jetting my 03 660. Is there any benifit to jetting a stock 660 without replacing the exhaust??

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
Jetting a bike isn't a modification, it's an adjustment. Unless you're bike's not running well and has a poor air/fuel ratio you're likely going to make the bike run worse.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Read the following post.

http://www.raptorforum.com/index.php/topic,5817.0.html

This will give you the instructions on how to set up the carbs correctly on the 660. This is not a normal description on how to install the jets, but rather on how to release some hidden horsepower on the raptor. It works for any setup, from a stock raptor to a modified raptor, running stock carbs.

I also mention some airbox mods you can do to improve airflow.

If you do just the carb mods you will pick up about 2 to 3 HP, and if you do airbox mods, you can pick up between 3 and 5 HP, even when using the stock pipe. Removing the baffle or muffler will also help to give you a bit more power, and you do need to jet the bike for these changes.

This is a proper , tested and proven modification, and you will love it.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Get a pipe, filter and take off your box then rejett your bike and it should noticably faster. No need in jetting a stock bike since it should already be tuned where it should be.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for all of your information it is greatly appreciated. I know alot of people are running without a airbox lid, should this only be done if you ride in dry conditions? I do alot of mud and creek riding so this might not be for me, am I correct on this????

·
Registered
65 Posts
yep, taking off the lid is for those who want/need the most performance and dont ride near water or mud.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I just put different front sprocket, took spark arrestor out, lid off w/k&n, re-jetted and it made a HUGE difference. Havent even cracked 100 bucks either! :thumbsup:

I ride mine in all conditions-not in huge puddles or anything-with the lid off and it works fine for me. Im running the k&n with outerwears. The outerwears really works well keeping moisture out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts