Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't want to break the bank and was going to get a tusk +4 rear axle for my 01. But for the same price I could do wheel spacers front and rear (I have 450 front shocks). Anybody run spacers on stock rear or would it be too weak. Looking for input thanks.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
I have never used spacers but i have a g-force axle and its adjustable from +2 to +4 inches. I really like it. Its way more stable, its strong, and its chrome so it looks cool. =)

·
GIVE'ER SUM
569 Posts
I ran plus 2.5 um spacers on the back of my 300ex and it was fine to me. It was plus 5 overall

·
Git-R-Done
729 Posts
Spacers are good to use in the back, but i would not use the ones for the front wheels. just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok. I could go with just spacers in the rear but didn't know if it will stress the stock axle over time.. I ride dunes btw

·
Git-R-Done
729 Posts
I bought a diamond j widening kit off of a forum member, and i will be widening mine this weekend. i will be putting rear spacers on soon. just remember if you do the rear do the front too.

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,450 Posts
G force extended hubs for the rear. And maybe a offset wheel up front, but like stated before the better option is the widening kit or extended a arms.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes I want to keep the stance even. I like the idea of the diamond kit. Will it fit proper on a 660 with 450 shocks.. Anyone try it. I need to measure my front and rear with my paddles but may do the diamond up front and space the rear. Post pics if you got em. Thanks for the replies

·
Git-R-Done
729 Posts
I will post some when i get mine done.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm most likely going with a front widening kit. Ill set it at 4.5" may get A.R.C tie rods but I was wondering if anyone has fit +3 tie rods in a 4.5 or I have to use +2. +3 would be nice in case I ever want to switch the setting

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
I'm most likely going with a front widening kit. Ill set it at 4.5" may get A.R.C tie rods but I was wondering if anyone has fit +3 tie rods in a 4.5 or I have to use +2. +3 would be nice in case I ever want to switch the setting
Get +3 tie rods and cut 1/16 inch off of each end. This will allow you to use them on the 4.5 setting, and if you ever want to go out to the 6 setting, you will be able to do that as well. Lol I had the Diamond J kit on the 4.5 setting and YFZ shocks, I was at 50 inches, would have been wider at the 6 setting. I wouldn't have been able to ride the trails around here, lol. But will do it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats good to know. Cutting the ends mess up the inner threads? Run a tap back through it? With a g force axle ill most likely keep it at 4.5 up front to match and my sand wheels are both offset an inch anyways. But a tie rod for both settings is good to have

·
Git-R-Done
729 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice. Just ordered my rear axle since I was able to get my stock one out with ease. Also gonna try to replace the bearings.. The inner race wasn't moving but only messed with it for a minute. Read alot of posts about removal. Is there any recent new advise out there? I have Clymers but I still don't understand what the spacer is or how long is it. Clymers says move it to one side or the other?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts