Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a trick to this thing. I went to take it out a few days ago..removed the allen screw and then let the quad warm up for about 5-10 minutes. I had a buddy try to pull it out with a pair of pliers and no luck. I rode the quad around and try gassing it..still didnt come out. I then rode for about 2 hours and it still is in there, I was expecting it to shoot out. Is there something I'm missing here? :mad:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Some are REALLY stuck in there, How new is your raptor? If you have a handheld torch of anykind, let your raptor cooldown for a while, then heat up the outside of the muffler quite a bit, And it should slide out way easier. If not, just get some vice-grips and a hammer and beat on it till it comes out.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
try lube; wd-40 or liquid wrench then vise grips while a buddy is giving it a little gase. thats what i had to due.... WOODY

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Raptor is about a month old...I dont plan on taking the lid off or anything with a controller but I figured with the stock baffle out it couldnt hurt it. :grin_nod: I am new to riding so hearing the motor when I race helped a little fit for shifting. All my friends quads are piped or have no baffles so its very hard to hear mine over theres and Im not exactly good enough to shift by feel yet.

I guess I'll try again tonight. Thanks guys.

Chad

·
Registered
239 Posts
that bolt that is in the bottom of the muffler also holds it in

i was told though that taking the baffle out can cause it to lean out, does anyone know for sure

Ben

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
I took the bolt out then let it warm up for about 5 Min. Rode around the block got some vice-grips and pulled the shit out of it :lol:

·
Registered
84 Posts
First off remove allen bolt holding in the baffle then Warm the bike up for about 5-10 mins at a stand still (or warm it up with a blowtorch) stop the motor and remove the spark plug lead turn the motor over for about 3 seconds put the lead back on and turn it over again it SHOULD backfire and shoot out the baffle keep people out of the line of fire it may come out at speed :lol:

And it will probably run lean with it out so you will need a dobeck at least ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got it out that same night...just pulled the shit out of it.

I'll pass on the programmer for now...from reading on here and doing a plug check it seems to be running just fine.

·
Registered
239 Posts
well let me know how you go because i will be looking at taking mine off then to get a bit of a note while i spendin my money on other things :thumbsup:

Ben

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
I have had mine out for about 3 months no programmer.. Not that I say that is the right way but i have had no problems.. I will a order a power commander in a couple of weeks.. But mine is fine just check the plug.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
239 Posts
well i ripped mine out now, its so much better with a bit of sound, how do i tell its lean and how often should i check it

Ben

·
Registered
261 Posts
size12 said:
First off remove allen bolt holding in the baffle then Warm the bike up for about 5-10 mins at a stand still (or warm it up with a blowtorch) stop the motor and remove the spark plug lead turn the motor over for about 3 seconds put the lead back on and turn it over again it SHOULD backfire and shoot out the baffle keep people out of the line of fire it may come out at speed :lol:
That is hilarious. My 700r is new so mine will probably come right out, but your idea seems like so much more fun. Thanks for the laugh and mental image of it shooting across the garage as my girlfriend shrieks from the noise. :rofl:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts