MSD Blaster

WK Intake.

stock = 47.59 hp
HC3 = 51.49 hp

+ 3.9 hp at peak

stock = 40.95 tq
HC3 = 41.55 tq

+ .6 tq at peak.

Peak gains are not as noticeable as after peak.....

At 8000rpm there is a + 11 HP gain and a 8+ 8 TQ gain.....

This was a throw it in there and test it, test. I have a BB high comp build planned for it.... later on.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It ran real real strong this weekend at the dunes. I was pretty darn impressed considering the small amount of mods it has.... :cool:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Sweet man! That 8+ on the top has gotta feel good! I've been thinkin about an HC2 just to drop in after I get the big 3 done. Just somethin temporary until I can get some real work done.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sweet man! That 8+ on the top has gotta feel good! I've been thinkin about an HC2 just to drop in after I get the big 3 done. Just somethin temporary until I can get some real work done.
This was exactly what I was thinking... just throw the cam in there for now till I get duals, and head work..... I think it was a good increase for how I ride. It lost 2hp under 5k rpm, but I think the 3.9hp at peak and 11hp gain at 8k is well worth the 2hp under 5k. IMO.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Is that the wk intake on stock throttle body

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yeah, i figure that with the HC2 I wouldn't loose much on the bottom, actually it should pick up down there with a mild increase in the overrev. I doubt it'll show that +8 @ 8000 but Prolly still be good. You're still on stock piston, right?

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
I'm still stock piston with hc2 and havent noticed any bottom end loss, or gain but crazy overrev

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes this is with the stock piston. This motor has never been opened till I put this cam in it. Hell, who ever owned it before me installed this pipe, and skid plates, but never added any fuel controller... :confused:

So I added the WK intake and MSD. Then we used curve #3 as our base map, and then tweeked it on the dyno. We didn't have but 30min to tune it, soI know it isn't perfect but good enough for now.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
The HC2 will be perfect for big 3 set up. More so than the HC3 when you don't have head & piston work. You really feel that cam going about 150 ft down a 300 ft drag!

·
Registered
128 Posts
So you're saying that a Hotcam 2 is better than Hotcam 3 if you don't have any head work done?

I have a Dynatek EFI, GYTR intake & Filter, Dual DMC Force 4's and HC3. If I were to downgrade to a HC2, I would notice MORE power?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So you're saying that a Hotcam 2 is better than Hotcam 3 if you don't have any head work done?

I have a Dynatek EFI, GYTR intake & Filter, Dual DMC Force 4's and HC3. If I were to downgrade to a HC2, I would notice MORE power?
In theory you should pick up some low end power/ grunt.

Long duration cams bleed off compression in lower rpm ranges..... it is this same affect that is what helps high rpm cylinder fill.

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,450 Posts
I love my HC3, but than again my piston isn't at stock compression either. No head work btw, it will sure hold its own against the 70 hp builds.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts

If you include the stock piston I mentioned, in addition to headwork, then yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. Makes sense when you look at both aspects, and not just one. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts