Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted the same thing over at modded raptor but didn't get a response, then noticed that that board isn't as active as I thought, so............

I did a bit of searching first so don't flame me. I am going to change the clutch on a buddies Raptor 700 and was just wondering what kind of issues I may encounter.....what to look out for, tips, tricks, link to the thread that must have all these answers........ I know it's here somewhere.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
i gotta change mine out here pretty soon too...but i think im money ahead having someone else do it for me haha. i think the only write up i saw was over on MR.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, I read it somewhere last year when it first happened. He got sick and the quad has sat but now he's ready to saddle back up.
I have no problem doing it, I've done a few on other quads, just want to make sure that there isn't anything un-expected.

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
I'd say the hardest part is putting that damn clutch cover back on IMO. I did do this prolly not needed but it helped me.

Attachments

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,450 Posts
I'd get a extra gasket. Ripped one and had to drive 30 miles to get another because I'm impatient.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
I would contact High Desert Dyno and go ahead and do the full fiber mod while I'm down there. If he has a few extra bucks to do so at this time.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I would contact High Desert Dyno and go ahead and do the full fiber mod while I'm down there. If he has a few extra bucks to do so at this time.
Plus one mines on my second 70+ build well this build is 80+ so the oem with full fiber mod and hd springs holds damn good so far. I do a lot of 3rd gear launches on hard to semi hard pack 300' tracks no slipping yet knock on wood. Probably 50 launches like that not counting burn outs on concrete into 4th gear rubber flying everywhere but clutch was fine. Tires was toast but so what.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Spider-Lōc;1019762 said:
Plus one mines on my second 70+ build well this build is 80+ so the oem with full fiber mod and hd springs holds damn good so far. I do a lot of 3rd gear launches on hard to semi hard pack 300' tracks no slipping yet knock on wood. Probably 50 launches like that not counting burn outs on concrete into 4th gear rubber flying everywhere but clutch was fine. Tires was toast but so what.
Yet another build. I'm about ready as well spider. As soon as I decide which way I'm going. I'm shooting for 80-90hp, no budget. First, a decision on which piston though...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Stock quad with a very mellow rider. I will just go with the stock fiber set-up. If it were mine, I do any mod that's easy if I'm in there anyway.
I found the "how to" I was looking for at ************.com so I got what I need now.

Go Suzuki! :lol

·
Registered
84 Posts
Replacing mine tomorrow and will probably make a video, first time doing a clutch but should show you what not to do. lol I'll put it on you tube.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Didn't have time to do my clutch yesterday, but will install and make a video next weekend and will post it on U Tube. Raptor5871.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm about to start. I'm not going to waste my timing with pics or videos due to it being a yamaha :) but if I run into anything tricky I'll throw out a head's up.
Peace.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey Spize good to see you stop over on the yamaha side. You may remember but we did some business over on Z400 a while back. How the bumper holding up?

These Yamaha's aren't so bad. Well at least my Raptor isn't. I have to admit it is nicer owning a quad I don't have to fix every time I ride. I guess I am getting old and lazy myself though. I suppose once my Raptor gets a little older I will see how maintenance intensive it is. See ya round.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey Spize good to see you stop over on the yamaha side. You may remember but we did some business over on Z400 a while back. How the bumper holding up?

These Yamaha's aren't so bad. Well at least my Raptor isn't. I have to admit it is nicer owning a quad I don't have to fix every time I ride. I guess I am getting old and lazy myself though. I suppose once my Raptor gets a little older I will see how maintenance intensive it is. See ya round.
Bumper's holding up great!

You ought to check into the light side sometime!
I am slowly but surely going to make the boy's quad faster then mine I think....he's turning into a little hill shooter!
I'll tell you what, doing a clutch on a Raptor is about twice the work of doing the clutch on a Z........I got 'er done though. Just need fo find some fluid capacities now and fill her back up!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts