Raptor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what is the height of the stock 660 cylinder, not including a base gasket? How far from the top of cylinder when torqued down to top of piston at tdc ?

Or the distance of a stock piston from center of wrist pin to top of piston.

I'm making a hybrid motor with different topend and don't have the 660 parts to measure so I can figure compression and what I'll need to end up at.

Thanks for any help/

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya it's the deck height I'm looking for. If I have the original height I can go by that to compare to the cylinder I am using to shave it or add thicker base gasket to make it the same. I'm using the topend off a XT600 , aircooled motor, for in the XT since no way of adding the radiators to it . Just a shits-n-giggles project to give it electric start, the reverse will be an added laugh on a bike.

I want 11:1 approx so I can run 91 but not have cooling issues with no coolant so no more than that. Both motors run 84mm stroke so the distance from wrist pin centerline to top of piston will give me enough info plus to make sure the cylinders are actually the same height.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
y not just put the cylinder on and set it the way u want it? or are u trying to stay in stock specs to keep the CR at a certain level?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I need to know if the stock 660 piston will work or if I need one for a stroker crank(shorter) or if I'd need to find a 100 mm xt piston (stock is 95 on those) .I'm not going to buy pistons hoping one will be close enough to start machining things without some knowledge of how close it'll be. Until I know the raptor cylinder length and it's piston pin to top distance I won't know just how close any will be.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
oh so u need specs to c if the pin location is the same place in reference to the piston top? i can get ya a spec or two later today or sometime tomorrow... stock piston spec?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya the stock piston if possible .
Is the 660 cylinder the same length as the 700's at 4.040" ? I know they are 2 different motors, I owned both quads, but some things were very similar. I actually prefered the 660 over the 700, better gear spacing .

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
So nobody around here is nice enough to help ? What a difference between most bike forums (even 4 x 4 quad forums) and sport quad types, and I even have 2, LTR & 525XC, but I'd at least help whenever possible, unless the place won't return the favor.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Got it , thanks, Wiseco sent me several 660 pistons to find the best one since I had bought so many through my account, they just charged me for the one I didn't send back. Bored the cylinder for the 660 sleeve and with the 11.5:1 piston came to .025 below top of cylinder, so called it good.

Here's the motor, test started to verify everything before doing all the frame mods to build the bike. Once it ran for a few minutes , had 195psi compression, plenty high, maybe too much, I'll see.

need to machine a billet cap for the water pump since I don't need it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's a hybrid motor for an older aircooled bike (dual sport motorcycle). The head and cylinder is aircooled , no need for the pump .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts