1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i asked the same question in the ltr fourm and they said that the ltr has the same gearing as the 700r but my buddies ltr can take my 700 top end every time is this because of the speed sensor????

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
are you both bone stock? I dont know about the LTR and Raptor having the same exterior final drive gearing, but there internals are totally different.
The YFZ and Raptor 700 have the same gearing. 14/38.

If you are having an LTR beat you top speed its cause he did something to his machine, or you ARE running into the speed sensors restriction.
All he had to do was buy the cherry bomb, throw his lid and p-shooter and he has a fast machine. You have to remove the speed sensor, or unplug it, remove the lid, remove the p-shooter and buy a PCIII. THEN you wont have a problem. Keep them on equal playing fields as far as mods go, and the 700 will walk.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
his has a cherry bomb, lid off and baffle out. mine has lid off, baffle out other then that im stock.

and by reading the post on the speen sensor getting unpluged it makes the check engine light come on and puts it back to stock?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
OK...heres your first problem. You are slower than a stock 700 now that you removed your lid and baffle, and didnt get a fuel controller....I knew something was up. A 450 should never be beating you on the topend.

I can guarantee your 700 is slower than a bone stock one on the topend. You HAVE TO get a fuel controller to run those mods. Not only for WAAAAY better performance, but so you dont toast your motor. You are running extremely lean and I highly recomend you put that stuff back on untill you do get a controller. I recomend the PCIII from fuel moto. It will run you $259 shipped.

You do that, unplug your sensor and race again....haha....you wont have a problem!

p.s. by unplugging the sensor your check engine will come on after approx 8-10hrs usually. Once that light is on, its back to stock timing. YOu have to plug it back in, ride it forward a few feet in 1st gear, the light WILL go out, then unplug it again.....your good for another 8 or so hours. no biggy....and a LOT faster top speed. With your current mods and a FUEL CONTROLLER you will beable to get into the mid 80's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts