Raptor Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, well I just got a 2007 GYTR Raptor 700 and after 1 trip to glamis (Sand Dunes), I noticed that the graphics have already started to peel right where your inner thigh/knee straddles the seat. Has anyone else encountered this problem? I will try and get some pictures tonight, but does anyone have a remedy? I was thinking of just maybe using some super glue, only problem is, sand already got caked inside :lol: Thanks

·
***Wildland Firefighter***
3,031 Posts
JC said:
Hey guys, well I just got a 2007 GYTR Raptor 700 and after 1 trip to glamis (Sand Dunes), I noticed that the graphics have already started to peel right where your inner thigh/knee straddles the seat. Has anyone else encountered this problem? I will try and get some pictures tonight, but does anyone have a remedy? I was thinking of just maybe using some super glue, only problem is, sand already got caked inside :lol: Thanks
aftermarket graphics

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
My graphics have a layer of crud around the edges and it is lifting in spots. I think it's just the nature of the beast.

When it looks like total ass I'll put some aftermarket graphics on. For now I'm just living with it. The stock GYTR graphics look pretty good.

Shawn

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, only reason why I brang it up is because of how quickly it happend, just thought of it a bit odd, but who knows, the guys doing the assembly for $580 prob slapped it on in 20 seconds .

I would go aftermarket, but there isnt really much out there that looks as good as the silver GYTR graphics, oh well, thanks for the input.

·
***Wildland Firefighter***
3,031 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Mine are still perfect.

What I would do is clean up the inside of the graphics ( this is only if the dealership wont help you), and reapply them with 3m emblem/trim glue which can be bought at any car store. I have used it on tons of dirtbikes over the years and it holds damn good but you have to make sure the backside of the sticker is free or sand and rocks first.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
mine did the same, i just went to my dealer and they hooked me up w/ a new kit.. but they didnt install. i thought i would keep the kit so when i need to replace my plastic i will have the sticker kit..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Shawnz said:
My graphics have a layer of crud around the edges and it is lifting in spots. I think it's just the nature of the beast.

When it looks like total ass I'll put some aftermarket graphics on. For now I'm just living with it. The stock GYTR graphics look pretty good.

Shawn
Im right there with you with the crud all around the edges but you know what it always looked like that since i bought it.. :3question: I saw it at the time but when i went to purchase we were going ridin from the dealer. Had to buy :grin_nod:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I looked at a 700 GYTR at my local dealer, and the graphics were peeling on the showroom floor. I told the sales guy, he said they would replace them under warranty.also the (700 injection) was faded on one side,i was ready to buy with cash in pocket but walked out thinking about it my old 05 yfz looks newer.....

·
Registered
314 Posts
I think Im am mostly alone on this but I HATE grapics and stickers. When I bought my 700 I rode it once or twice and I ened up tearing all the stickers off. I like how they look cleaner/smoother with no stickers. Look at all the major custom bike builders, you dont see them slappin stickers all over everything. Takes away from them mechanics of the machine IMO.

·
Registered
250 Posts
They have some kick ass designs on xgx :thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts