Raptor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone ever polish their stock heat sheild on the pipe??? i did and WOW what a diff in the way it looks. just thought i would pass this on for a next to free bling bling up grade to the 700. :thumbsup: ill try to post up some pics later..

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
sangue_e_Tripas said:
How do you polish it?
Yah... what he said!!!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
first go to a store that sells buffing wheels that fit on a bench grinder. also you will need two different roughs, it is a compound that actually cuts and polished the metal. i used a light abrasive rough and finished up with a jewlers rough, which takes out all of the fine scratched the light abrasive left. i worked on mine for about 45 min and this is whats left..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
hot damn that looks good bro but it wouldnt do me any good. I do alot of muddin and it would got to shit on the first ride out. looks really good though. Nice find lol -- WOODY

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i hear yah. i ride in mud to but i was bored the other day, because it is fricked cold and raining here. might find other aluminum parts on the rappy and polish them too, duno

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what do you need yours for, you have the fmf powerbomb header. didnt think they use the stock heat shield.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
somebody said the stock heat shield would work on the FMF. I havent tried just been to lazy. i havent been able to ride in weeks. damn job lol -- WOODY

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
k.. got yah.. if you want it done pm me and maybe we can come up with an agreement, this doesnt meen iam gonna do it for eveyone, if so i may charge a going price..

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
its cool bro. I dont think i really need to polish it up. Im going for the black out look. But thanks alot for the offer man, really appreciated bro. thanks WOODY

·
Registered
91 Posts
I think you will have to polish after every ride now as it will probaby rust since you took the plating off. I think it's steel not alum........ :3question:

·
Registered
314 Posts
:eek: :thumbsup: WOW!! that looks sharp man!

·
Registered
91 Posts
It does look great. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks for the complaments... iam not sure i didnt think of taking a magnet to it to see if it is steel, but iam 99% sure it is alum. alum will dissipate heat faster than steel i dont think yamaha would put steel on it if it didnt dissipate heat fast..

·
Registered
91 Posts
either way it does look great :thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts