Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the raptor down for repairs and while im waiting on parts to get done or get here I got board and decided to crack open the carbs for cleaning/cleartube method and to see if anythang was change since it was stolen from me.

03 raptor right now stock with full dmc allen exhust and k&n air filter stock air box. My local airport is 300-400 feet above sea level. I am suposed to have dyno jet kit installed. I found the following info left carb 140 right carb 145 the jets are gold color top writeing has what looks like a r than a quare box that has 1 square in it. the r is capotol kinda looks like a p squared off with a line to make it look like a r and the square box has a small sqaure in it also on the bottom left. I cant seem to ident the jets and i fell i dont have dyno jet nore is my jeting right. Also none of the other thangs have numbers accept the 1 screw on the left carb that is not on the right below main jet says 9 5 or 9 . 5.... Piss fuc& I thank the shop screwed me so bad back in 04 when i gave them the shit the dyno jet because from what i understand I have stock jets but i cant 100% say they are stock but im sure they are

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found the box with a box in it symbol on the carb it self same are the jet symbol. I am almost 100% sure i have stock jet and size. I want to scream cause Im just now noticeing that the dynojet kit i bought and gave to the atv shop that was not installed 2 and half yrs ago. Stupid me for not knowing maitnance and how to service my machine back then. For the most part none of the carb screws look like they ever been touch before me. You pay a shop so damn much money and they dont do the thangs you ask and stell/keep your performance parts. I will try to keep my self away from any atv shops for now on. Im excited at the same time..... If i have stock jets than i cant wait to get dynojets :) I have a k&n and dmc allen full exhust left carb 140 right 145 300ft .. Cant wait to get a jet kit and right size jets to fell the differnts. Im currently replaceing piston and cam with wiseco high compression and hotcam to bad I wont be able to really fell the differants since I will have the other 2 main performance thangs and I exspect the rappy to haul some butt. My setup will be one of the following

1 dmc allen exhust full system, k&n, wiseco stand bore piston, hot cam stage 1
2 dmc allen exhust system, K&n, wiseco .40 , hotcam stage 1

My snorkle is mod "cut" and doing clear tube method And I plan to mostly run airlid on no holes due to wet/mud condition i encounter ofton. With this set up what should I start my jet and pilot sizes at? I plan on ordering part by part thru dynojet for now cause i cant afford a kit cause i have to get 3-4 other 100+ doller parts . I know they sell jets in singles for 2bucks each but im unsure of springs. What 2 sizes would i need for this set up and what else out of the dynojet kit will i need other than the main jets and springs? Thanks for everone reading hope to see replys

·
Registered
3 Posts
Other than jets,the kit comes with different springs & 'thinner' needles(more fuel) which may have been fitted by the atv shop. :3question: These made a big change to mine as i allready had '25' low speed jets & bigger(drilled)mains.(Lid OFF) Needles mainly affect mid throttle positions.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I am tottaly convieance the jet kit was never installed. niddles nore jets. I noticed none of my carb screws have ever been touched and the logo on jets are same as carb logo on carb itself. I dont thank any of the dynojet kit parts are on my carb. Sucks big time.
I look fowward to the power but not re buying a kit again as i have so many other internals i need to worrie about. But at same time runing full exhust with hotcam and wiseco im sure i will need the dyno jet to have everythang right. Anyways how do i to verfiy the neddles to be stock?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.