i cant get the spark arestor out of my pipe
anyone have any suggestions other than buying a new pipe

i want to buy a new pipe but dont have money

will it make a difference with the arestor out

or do you have to buy an intake programmer and pipe :metal:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Take the little allen screw out of the bottom of the tail pipe and grab a pair of pliers and yank it out you wont hurt anything. It doesn't matter in or out you wont get that much of a hp gain ill just be louder. In your case i'd wait till you got the cash for a aftermarket pipe. Thats what i did and still havent strapped it on yet. Quad is in the shop. Check on e bay i picked up a gytr "quite" pipe for $250 when more cash comes about illl get the PCIII till then have fun riding !!!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Do the intake and put some type of EFI unit on your bike and then pull your sparky. If you buy a slip-on pipe you are wasting your money. I have tested the Dr D and GYTR slips. No difference in power but they both were louder than my stock pipe with spark arrestor removed. Save your money and get a full system. The header is where the big difference is at. I have two Raptors. One set up exactly how I described and the other is built.

Craig,

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NVMYRC said:
Do the intake and put some type of EFI unit on your bike and then pull your sparky. If you buy a slip-on pipe you are wasting your money. I have tested the Dr D and GYTR slips. No difference in power but they both were louder than my stock pipe with spark arrestor removed. Save your money and get a full system. The header is where the big difference is at. I have two Raptors. One set up exactly how I described and the other is built.

Craig,
thanks for the advice :metal:

·
Registered
468 Posts
Just a word of advice too. You will inadvertantly find somebody who will say that their slip or they have heard of a slip outperforming the stocker. I even had somebody send me a dyno graph showing a whopping 1hp at peak rpm. You will be happier saving your money now and buying a full system. Don't be bullied by somebody trying to defend their purchase of a slip-on pipe. They do look better but nobody can back up their claims. I even had a dealer refuting my claim but even though he had a dyno and offered up my Raptor as the test vehicle he declined to try and prove it. Another point will be any of the quality singles put out really close to the same hp. Pick something you like looks wise. And lastly if you are only going to do the big 3 a single will perform pretty much the same as a quality dual set up. But if you are going to do internal work go with the duals (Barker or LTE) from jump and you will be completely satisfied with the outcome. Hope that helps.

Craig,

·
Registered
468 Posts
I hadn't seen that one but yes it proves my point. Wait for the full system. I looked through all of the info provided and it doesn't say anything about the stock system. Was the sparky removed etc, etc and if I am not mistaken the Dr. D Slip had a header as well. I don't know why they can't list full against full and slip against slip and then what the stocker does sans sparky? It would make things so much easier but as a former marketing guy confusion is sometimes the point. Muck results as much as possible but claim gains by all.

Craig,

·
Registered
963 Posts
yexirota said:
i cant get the spark arestor out of my pipe
anyone have any suggestions other than buying a new pipe

i want to buy a new pipe but dont have money

will it make a difference with the arestor out

or do you have to buy an intake programmer and pipe :metal:
I found that after you take the screw out start the quad and let idle for 5minutes or so then you wont have to yank it out just put vice grips on and turn one quarter turn and it will slide right out

·
Registered
26 Posts
I agree. It actually made a fair difference on mine. Went to the dunes with it in while new. Took it out for the next trip and it was way more drivable. Much snappier and I could hear it over my brothers KFX700 with twins. LJL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts