Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning on getting some 20" Skat trak haulers soon. I have stock offset in the front to minimize bump steering.

Should I stick with stock offset on the rear or go with +1 offset wheels for a total of +2 in the rear? The increased wheel base will add some stabiliy but I'm not sure if it will hurt or help sliding the rear end around. I want to keep manueverability to a maximum.

Has anyone tried both set-ups? If so which did you prefer?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Actually I am intrested in the question as well for future, but also I am wondering how do u like the frts rt now. Just bought some offset douglases in the frt for ttl of +2 and def. looks wider but not sure how the handling is, only had a quick shot of runnin around in the yard so far. Feels different so far and prob just need to get used to, but hoping its overall better!?tks J

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the stock offset 21" mohawks that I run in the sand. I purchased them from Fullerton Sand Sports (knowledgable folks). They reccommended not increasing the offset in the front due to the bump stearing I was talking about. I flipped the fronts (increase of 2 inchs) on my Prairie 700 for the heck of it a while back. Stability increase was nice for both play and work but the bump stearing was more than I could take. Twice I wrecked after the handlebars were ripped from my grasp. That was enough for me and I went back to stock. Course that was on a big ungainly untility quad. Could be a different scenario on the Rappy.

Stock rears are 5out, 3or4in. As far as I can tell to get the 6out wheels you have to go with .160 9 x 9 or .125/.160/.190 10 x 9 or 10 x 10. The offset is not available in the 8" diameter wheel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts