Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, New to the forum but not to the raptor. Rode 660 for 2 1/2 years and got sucked into the v force world and have been trying to turn my V into a raptor. Well my son traded his V and some cash for a buddy 660 and what do ya know I got the raptor bug. So I'm selling the V and went got a new 700 se and all I can is wow. But I got couple a questions if you guy would be kind enough to help me. If I uncork the stock exhaust do I have to get a pc111.How far can I go before I have to change the map. Also i would like to wheelie a little easier what do I need to do.

Thanks in advance, Charlie

·
Registered
14 Posts
It seems the general feeling is that yes, you'll need some type of fuel controller for any mod that you do. I currently have the airbox lid off of mine and the baffle out of the exhaust and it is load as he**. Too loud I'd bet for any park ranger checking decibels. I do have the Boss Noss controller on mine now but I took the baffle out for a few minutes before I had a controller just to hear what it sounded like. As far as wheelies go I find them easiest to do in second gear going into third. Keep the rpms in about the mid range riding steady and clutch/hammer the throttle /shift all together. You'll find timing to be a little tricky but once you get it you'll just be bringing the front wheel up at the beginning of third and able to ride it out a bit longer. After a while you'll find the balance easier to obtain and you can lift it up easy in second and shift all the way up to 5th haulin a** on 2 wheels!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
If your just modding the stock pipe then I wouldnt worry about getting a controller or remapping anything but if you go aftermarket in the future or get an intake then your gonna need one.

To wheelie better the first thing I would do is get new tires. The stock ones are junk and dont get traction for crap. Another good upgrade is to add a 15t front sprocket. They are very cheap and you can install it in about 15 minutes. Do a search on it and you will find some great threads on it.

Here is a great place to look for info on all sorts of stuff..........

http://www.raptorforum.com/index.php?topic=7210.0

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I understand about the gearing on my old 660 I geared down like everyone said and hated it. took the wheelie pulling power away. Ended up going up on the rear just a little to help in tight stuff. Do you guys think on a stocker with no airbox mod or pipe that it will beifit me much. There cheap enough though would be worth trying anyway.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I UNCORKED MY FACTORY A MONTH AFTER I GOT IT AND DIDNT HAVE ANY PROBS EXCEPT IT WAS LOUD AS HELL. I LOVE LOUD MACHINES BUT IT WAS A LITTLE OBNOXIOUS. RIGHT NOW IM RUNNIN A TBR M 7 WITH NO LID AND LOVE IT. SOON ILL BE CHANGING THE FILTER SO IM GONNA HAVE TO GET A PROGRAMMER. TRY THAT AND SEE HOW U LIKE IT

·
Registered
177 Posts
You definitely need a fuel controller for any mod to get the real benefit from it. The mapping needs improvement even if you're completely stock. Try swapping the rear tires from side to side for more traction (it'll reverse the tread). Velociraptor said it was a huge diff in traction, I haven't tried it myself, it's 20 below here...

·
Registered
596 Posts
yeah im swapin mine this weekend along with installin new front sprocket.....swapin tires will get me by until i decide which new rubber to go with

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well I drilled some holes in the spark arester to let it flow a little better and drilled a few in the air box lid. Seemed to help a little. It sure sounds better anyway. I'm going to go tomorrow and get a sprocket at the local shop if they have one. if not i'll get one ordered.

·
Registered
596 Posts
rockymountainatv........7.95 for a cheap 1...i got the renthal for 20

1 - 9 of 9 Posts