Raptor Forum banner

Stock Raptor 660 Key & Indicator lights mount

13K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  erased660R 
#1 ·
I just bought some Renthal bars for my Raptor, and need to change the setup of the stock mounting of the key, and indicator lights.. I hate that POS stock plastic piece they are mounted in!!! Any suggestions out there?? Appreciate the help all!

#2 ·
I've drilled holes (i've actually got the red peice still) in the front hood of the stock plastics to hold the lights,, and the ignition switch I've drilled a hole in the side right side of the plastics and keep in mind that there is a little notch that keeps the switch from spinning as you turn the key.. I've acttual boughten some fullbore plastics since then and had done the same thing to them .. if you want my old hood from my stocker give me money for shipping you can have it ... It's red by the way .. wish I had some pics for you guys but I might repost in a day or too if I get a chance .. got a lot of mods I'm doin soo I'll soon have pics of them too take care :grin_nod: 8)

lance

#3 ·
erased660R said:
I've drilled holes (i've actually got the red peice still) in the front hood of the stock plastics to hold the lights,, and the ignition switch I've drilled a hole in the side right side of the plastics and keep in mind that there is a little notch that keeps the switch from spinning as you turn the key.. I've acttual boughten some fullbore plastics since then and had done the same thing to them .. if you want my old hood from my stocker give me money for shipping you can have it ... It's red by the way .. wish I had some pics for you guys but I might repost in a day or too if I get a chance .. got a lot of mods I'm doin soo I'll soon have pics of them too take care :grin_nod: 8)

lance

pic's!

#4 ·
03Rappy660 said:
erased660R said:

lance

pic's!

pleeez

#5 ·

Attachments

#7 ·
I totally got rid of the key..its completely useless. If somewhere to yank the key module off and connect the two wires that were going to it, it would start.. I took the wires and disconnected the module from it and tucked them in a not so obvious place and put a on/off toggle switch briding the wires.
I did the same for the parking brake wires. You could start it but not move over the brake rev limiter,...and I did the same thing with the reverse rev limiter..(you can make it so its active all of the time).I figured if anyone ever stole it that they would have one hell of a time f*cking with it before it started and ran right. All the wires are re-taped to look like stock harness's as well. The wires aren't spliced in the ordinary spots either, like the reverse limiter isn't spliced down by the pedal...everything is spliced right beside the cdi.
so insteadd of a key to start, you have to flick three different switches for it to start and run right...
the three indicator lights were mounted on the radiator cover..Theres enough room to put them in there after you drill three holes to size. the rubber boots slide in and you put the color keyed light covers in to lock them down. It looked decent as well,..well after I got a steering stem anyway. I've never had any problems with this set-up in the past 3 years. Just a suggestion! :thumbsup:

#8 ·
I picked up a Torch Light kit from yamaha and it came with a billette dash for the key and indicator lights. The new Torch lights mount to the dash and I connected them to the high beams. The lights turn when you turn and my low beams stay straight. I ran this for the first time in Glamis Presidents weekend (at night, in the dunes) and it was bitchen!! I lit the dunes up as if I was some type of Sand Rail 8) Nonetheless my buddy's made me take the lead to assists in lighting up the dunes for them. It is a clean set up with the use of my low or high beams or both at once.

But, if you don't want the lights then Dan660R has the gig. My dash looks like his but I have two torch lights coming off the front. Good luck...

#9 ·
heres the pic !!

#13 ·
powder coat it !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.