Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine is claiming the 700 raptor goes 85 stock, from my own personal expierences and from what i've read over the years is that no stock 700 goes over 80 mph at the most without any modifications.

but still he insists and i think to be fair i'd like to see what the owners have to say so any information on this topic would help alot

thanks

·
Registered
621 Posts
I get 82mph out of my 2010 Raptor 700 wont get anymore than that stock due to the 5th gear limiter and gearing.

·
Registered
247 Posts
its not going to go 85 with the speed limiter in place unless your going down a steep hill:) I think it tops at 70-75, but when do you really want to go more than 70mph off road:eek:

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
mine was 72 gps'd with my fat ass on it

·
Registered
143 Posts
I ran with a buddy down a long fire trail. I have big 3 and speed limiter is still in place. I topped out about 75 and he rolled by me like a frieght train.

·
Dirty Lil Bastard
602 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
I ran mine 1/4 mile 2 years ago.it went [email protected] now for the details. it had SB Je12:5 piston +5mm hotrods, Trex head with X-4 cam, barker duals,dynatek programmable, +2 tb PC5/autotune.slingshot lock-up, 15t front sprocket slammed to the ground with drag struts and street tires. So to me this thread is saying that for adding probably around 20hp. + more torque you will only gain 10mph over stock. So i can say noway to 85mph stock. cause i know how mine felt when it was stock for a week,LOL. compared to how it was with these mods and it was more than a 10mph increase for sure.

·
Registered
863 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
heres one for banshee haters.LOL. mine was still a 700 at this time with all mods listed above in other post except for the crank. his was worked over pretty good and he even had a wheelie bar LMAO I ran 14 @ 84mph in this video. My point being its like going for a ride in your buddies hopped up mustang and he says its a 11 second car,you get to the track and it runs 14's. I think this is best and most accurate way to find out how fast your quad can run. I dont believe GPS and vapors etc. are that accurate compared to 1/4 mile drag race.JMO

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Last time I clocked mine with my GPS it was 82 MPH. That was 15T, big3.

·
Registered
863 Posts
and just so i cover everyone here is me getting spanked by a snowmobile and 1 of me whooping up on the yfz450.LOL

·
Registered
863 Posts
everyone should try 1/4 mile drag at least once. go on a test and tune day and run as many times as you want. No winners no losers just good times

·
Registered
863 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
A buddy of mine is claiming the 700 raptor goes 85 stock, from my own personal expierences and from what i've read over the years is that no stock 700 goes over 80 mph at the most without any modifications.

but still he insists and i think to be fair i'd like to see what the owners have to say so any information on this topic would help alot
100% stock 78-79mph at most.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think i got 82mph outa mine with the big three 15t front and 20 inch tires. with what i have now and 22 inch tires it will do 98mph by GPS and Radar gun.

·
Registered
863 Posts
i believe this for sure. I thought we were gonna get a thread like the 90+mph 350 raptor over on another site. LOL.

I think i got 82mph outa mine with the big three 15t front and 20 inch tires. with what i have now and 22 inch tires it will do 98mph by GPS and Radar gun.

·
The UK's fastest Raptor
1,188 Posts
It really depends what surface you're on. With the big 3 I've hit 86 on the motorway (Interstate US ?) but on hard dirt I top out about 79ish.

That's using a Vapor as my speedo which I've calibrated for my tyres but I guess it's still possible it could be + or - a few MPH

·
Cola Crew
1,368 Posts
My stock 07 GYTR ran 73mph, now I have gone 94mph down a very deep sandy power line road... But my gearing is 15-36 and x2 the power...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts