Raptor Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
i believe this for sure. I thought we were gonna get a thread like the 90+mph 350 raptor over on another site. LOL.
well if a 350 rappy runs 95 and a 700 is roughly twice the displacement that means 700s should do 180 easy right!? :D

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Whatever the rev limiter is in 5th gear geared 15/36. Not speed limitor the rev limit red line in 5th gear on pavement with 22" street tires.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
A buddy of mine is claiming the 700 raptor goes 85 stock, from my own personal expierences and from what i've read over the years is that no stock 700 goes over 80 mph at the most without any modifications.

but still he insists and i think to be fair i'd like to see what the owners have to say so any information on this topic would help alot
GPS tested, mine stock was topping at 76 mph. I did the blue wire mod the same day, went for another test drive and got to 80 mph. That was on flat asphalt stock tires/gears, no wind, no incline, on a cold winter day (approx -10 celcius).

With the mods listed in my sig the highest I've seen is 89 mph but it takes a lot of time to get there. I can get it to 82ish real quick though. This is with a 15t front (not sure it's listed in my sig?).

85 on a stock bike, impossible I say. Then again, if you are using the stock speedometer as a reference, it could be possible to see that number, but it wouldn't match the GPS speed. Lots of things affect the speedo's accuracy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
its not going to go 85 with the speed limiter in place unless your going down a steep hill:) I think it tops at 70-75, but when do you really want to go more than 70mph off road:eek:
Well mine was hitting 93 mph on stock parts so your wrong there 60th anniversary 2016 yamaha yfm700r raptor 686cc psi 10 rear 12 front maxis tyres

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Well mine was hitting 93 mph on stock parts so your wrong there 60th anniversary 2016 yamaha yfm700r raptor 686cc psi 10 rear 12 front maxis tyres
Are the tires taller than the stock rear 20"?
If so, that'll gain a few mph of top speed, but not 18mph.
Stock sprockets?
Was the 93mph gps'd?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Dude, There's no way if everything was stock. Mine went exactly 75 stock and with the big three and speed limiter removed I got 85 out of it but no more.

·
Registered
30 Posts
124.4 kilometers per hour according to my Garmin GPS. Google tells me that is about 77 miles per hour. I'm smaller than the average rider at 51 kilograms, which is between 112 and 113 pounds. This was on a gravel road.

·
Super Moderator
8,275 Posts
Plus on gravel you spin at top speed. I don’t ever deal with the top end anymore. Torque is where it’s at. Looking up from the bottom of a steep hill, drop and go.......

21 - 32 of 32 Posts