Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just bought two used raptors a 07 & 08 but they both have different exhaust tips on them but both look like stock exhaust. Is there a difference between the 07 & 08? I'm starting to wonder if the one has a different insert. And if so what is it? Both look like they still have a spark arrestor screen in them

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
The black one is stock ( the small one) the other one looks like the phoenix tip its an after market part (the bigger one) hopefully you have the stock air filter on there if not then a fuel controler is needed or hopefully on there already

·
Registered
448 Posts
The top one looks like the silencer was pulled and they put in a spark arrestor end cap to clean it up after the silencer was pulled.

I also agree with the post above, if it's running a high flow filter as well, check for the fuel controller or there will be a chance that it's running lean

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They both came with the stock air filter installed but i bought a new stock style twin air filter for both for better filtration then the stock filter. so we should be ok right?

what website would i go to find a matching exhaust tip? I like the should of the bigger tip its not much loader but a little deeper

·
Registered
415 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks you for the link.
We plan to add a Power Commander III to both as soon as we can afford to. one of them came with PRM skid plates the other did not so we are going to be using some PRM skid plates on both. then we will probably add a Power Commander III

1 - 6 of 6 Posts