Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the stock tooth for the 700? rear sprocket 36?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so i have the 15t front if i went with the 39t rear shouldent make too much of a difference? little more speed?

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
What are you trying to do? Get more top speed I assume?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i already have the 15t front maybe a 16t front and 38 rear?

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
You don't have the power to make any use out of that high of gearing. All you are going to do is lengthen the time between shift points and lose all your torque IMO.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
alright i was just wondering. i thought that also that higher gearing would bog be down if anything. its just when i went on the trails it was so wet i was constantly shifting 2nd -3rd by the time i hit 3rd i would have to shift back to 2nd.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
alright i was just wondering. i thought that also that higher gearing would bog be down if anything. its just when i went on the trails it was so wet i was constantly shifting 2nd -3rd by the time i hit 3rd i would have to shift back to 2nd.
Check my mods.. Last summer I did the whole season with a 15t front and a 36 rear with smallish 20" tires and the gearing was a tad too tall... It was a PITA in the tight stuff and I lacked a little bit top end to really get to the end of it.

IMHO, 15t front, stock rear and 20" tires is the perfect all-around setup. 15/36 is just too much unless you're pushing 60+hp.

·
Cola Crew
1,368 Posts
I run 15-36 on my 770 with 20" tires and it works for me. But if at the drags and I hook real hard it will bog just a little.. I drop back down to a 14 and it dont bog no more :) Look out here it comes up up up let out just a little and gone....
This an old Pic of me With NO MOD's

·
Registered
448 Posts
it was all the raptors power that was ripping up all the mud and causing you to spin like that

1 - 14 of 14 Posts