Banshee 14.75
450 very in length depending on year 14.5 or 15.75
Raptor 660 15.5
Raptor 700 16.00

All came out of Works Shocks

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
I haven't had a set in front of me for a while, but if memory serves the stock shocks are 15.5", YFZ shocks are about 15.75", and Banshee shocks are 14.5".

I've had all 3 sets on my 660 and I've measured them myself all at one time but it's been a while. I have seen posts that contradict my information, but until I can measure them again it's hard for me to give up on my numbers.

Some people complain that they put the YFZ shocks on their bike and it raises ride height, this is in part because of the length (the yfz are longer from my recollection) but largely due to the preload settings.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
Are you trying to get longer ones or shorter ones? A year ago I bought raptor 700 front shocks because I was told they were the same as the YFZ450 shocks... not true. The 700 shocks were 16" and raised my quad rather than lower it :( They do provide more ground clearance which was good in some cases but for the most part I wish I had the shorter ones to lower it.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you trying to get longer ones or shorter ones? A year ago I bought raptor 700 front shocks because I was told they were the same as the YFZ450 shocks... not true. The 700 shocks were 16" and raised my quad rather than lower it :( They do provide more ground clearance which was good in some cases but for the most part I wish I had the shorter ones to lower it.
Well I need 2 sets, one for a Banshee and one for a Raptor both with +2 a-arms.
Im not really interested in lowering either one.

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
Banshee 14.75
450 very in length depending on year 14.5 or 15.75
Raptor 660 15.5
Raptor 700 16.00

All came out of Works Shocks
Sorry to disagree but yfz 450 shocks didn't get 1.25 inches shorter in 2005. Are you sure you don't mean to say 15.5 instead of 14.5?

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
OK I did miss read it. Here it is.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
Heck I still can't fully understand that page :lol:

Looks like they list 15.75 for the YFZ from 04- (which I assume means 04 and up) and then there's a line called "YFZ450 FT" which I don't know what it stands for but says 14.5. Perhaps that's the rear shock? Though I would have thought "FT" stood for "Front".

·
Premium Member
956 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
Thanks for the link. I scrolled to the 2nd to last page and found the legend, now it makes a lot more sense. FT stands for Flat Track and the "S" instead of the "Y" indicates "short" hence the shorter length. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
I should of posted it right off the bat.

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
I never knew that sheet existed, it's a great resource and I appreciate you posting it at all. So many "how long is this shock and will it fit on my raptor" posts can be answered quickly and easily with a single link now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts