Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for a ride on a mx track for first time and stock suspension settings almost killed me,cant afford new suspension at the moment so keeping stock but what do i need to do to settings for riding on mx track with jumps and woops and also for better turning i'm losing alot of time into corners.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Need more info from you, what year bike/ suspension do you have? What is the bike doing that you don't like? How much do you weigh? Are you sure its the bike and not you? This info will help us help you

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
If you are having problems in the corners, than stiffen up the preload on your front shocks end work on your drifting. I think the best advice would be to PM Tahitianrider and see what his settings are. He does a lot of that stuff and if I remember right I believe he is still using his stock suspension also...

·
Ridin High.....
961 Posts
cheapest way to help...

Gforce billet wheel spacers up front (and/or rear)
Gforce billet EXT rear hubs (i run them, better balance than spacers)
YFZ front shocks (will lower the front and be better suiting for MX)
flip the rear link (lowers rear bout an inch)

flip your front wheels (creates a little bump steer though and put more leverage on the wheel)

widening the stance of your quad signifcatly helps with handling. 50" seems like a happy medium between trails/MX IMO

as far as preload, get your race sag set for MX, then start messing with your hi/low speed compression adjustments.
if your bottoming out on jumps, up your hi speed compression. too much body roll in the corners...up your low speed compression. the goal is to run as little high speed compression as possible without bottoming out. (all of this info is in your manual)

all this is from personal experience, research, and opinion. good luck!

(could also send in your stock shocks to get reworked for your weight and riding style)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Spacers aren't really ideal for MX tracks as is flipping the wheels. Depending on the size of the jumps they can put alot of stress on the rest of the components.

Anyhow, good advice for the shock settings, I'll be playing with mine as well since I ride on a MX track pretty often and I'm bottoming out and pogo-ing on the bigger jumps. Upping hi-speed comp and slowing down rebound are the first things I'll try.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
is total suspention travel the distance u measure before you sit on quad then after you sit on quad and add them together?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts