Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the stock swingarms pretty good units? I mean, has anyone here ever bent one or anything? It looks like it's just made out of aluminum square tubing. Does anyone know the size/thickness of the tubing?

·
Registered
364 Posts
i think they're descent swingarms although the chain tensioner is a pain in the butt. What's sucks though is the second you begin to modify the bike you do nothing but pop wheelies because the arm is too short......does its job though and i never bent or broke mine and I'm a very aggressive dune rider. I upgraded to a +2 Lonestar and I'm happy as hell now.

Max

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's good to hear. So far I've been told that a +1 1/4" swinger is what I need.

So does anyone know the thickness of the aluminum used in the swingarm? It's 1 1/4"x3" but I can't tell how thick it is...

I'm also still trying to figure out if it's a big deal flipping the bottom shock bracket over. So far I've been told by one person it may cause problems but I haven't heard anyone who's actually had problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.