Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wondering if it is possible to extend a stock swinger? i dont see why not but wondering what you guys think or if you have tried?

·
Registered
214 Posts
yes it is. there are some people who have done it. there is a guy on another raptor forum that offered this service for $225

I think you don't see it a lot because the swing arm is aluminum, and I guess it is harder to weld? (not sure i'm just guessing)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes if you cant tig weld its a bit** but i got the stuff just wondering if i could get away adding 3 inches but should i do it before the shock or once the swingarm splits in the middle?

·
Registered
131 Posts
iirc i saw one that used aluminum stock and cut the swingarm where the bearing hub joined the arm. the shock stayed in the oem position..

·
Registered
193 Posts
Like everyone said yes you can and here a couple pictures of mine I did. Oh and this a +3.

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah man that looks damn good... but i was thinkin if its for just mx riding then all I'm gonna need to do is get a wider axle and wider a arms right? because i don't want an extra long quad to jump do i? lol

·
Just a 78HP trail bike
2,426 Posts
we have a group by going on at Raptor Source .com Please stop by and say hi! I believe the price is 225.

·
Registered
492 Posts
haha, maybe.

Meanwhile...

Still a great price @ $300.00 shipped to the lower 48.

If you have any qeustions, shoot.

Thx, Darryll @ Out Back Welding

1 - 11 of 11 Posts