Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
7,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys me and rap7hundred are going to start making tool boxes / storage areas / cooler? for quads like i saw somewhere on a site.. but anyways for those of you who dont want to fool with going to the store, getting dirty, etc hit us up... i put the first one up for sale on ebay a min. ago... search user name "buggydays"

we can paint them however you want, spray with body liner, flames, etc... or just plain where you can just spray paint it if you want....

anyways i thought we'd try to offer these after we built two for ours... mine's silver for now i'll prob add some spice to it later.. and the blue carbon fiber painted one is my friends. painted his end cap black to look like dual exhaust

after riding for hours saturday and making trips back and forth to the truck to get drinks we decided to build two that would hold some ice and a 20 ounce drink.

we used house of kolor paints with these... they will have a stripping installed on them where the mounting hardware will not damage the paint also.

pics installed will come in the next 24-48hrs =)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Those look great! Unfortunately with the dual exhaust I won't have a place to mount them. Almost makes me wish I went with a single.....almost :lol:

·
Registered
7,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you have a front bumper? we can make one small enough to mount upfront... a 2" pipe or 3" will fit.. i tested a 4' with my gytr bumper and it was a no go! i appreciate it though on the compliments. we wont be at this to get rich or nothing. just thought it was a really good idea and some ppl it's easier to have the work done for them you know?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I hear you there..LOL. I've got a Pro Armor Dominator bumper on order. Once I get it on I'll take a look at and see what we can do.
Keep up the good work. Love those paint jobs :thumbsup:

·
Registered
207 Posts
can you post pick of where and how it mounts?

·
Registered
7,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you can mount it at the back of the front bumper if you have something like a gytr bumper or you mount it to the frame at the rear fender opposite of your single muffler. here's a photoshop where i drew where i'm mounting mine at:

i'll have pics of the actual piece tomorrow though.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Wow what a great idea, why didn't I think of that. ;)

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Looks cool man. 8)

·
Registered
7,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i'll have pics tonight

they can be 2, 3, 4 inches in diameter and any length you want. i'm even going to start making small 2" first aid kits that you can mount to the frame, rack, grabbar, etc. pics of those soon!

·
Registered
126 Posts
what kind of mounting hardware is used?

·
Registered
7,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
it will come with a pair of metal adjustable clamps that will secure it to whatever you mount it to or we can supply some large plastic zip ties instead if you're worried about wear on the frame. either way it will secure it so it wont slide around or fall off. we're coming up with some other ideas on the looks too

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
this is a graet idea. i have had one on my bike for a while and i love it. your not the first to post about it but the first to sell them. good luck :thumbsup:
so a search on storage tube to see pics

·
Registered
7,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah i thought it was a great idea too i saw some on a raptor on here and loved it. made some for us and figured we could make some for other ppl and since we airbrush / paint stuff we could customize them too while we're at it save someone some trouble and time so they can bolt it on and go.

do you think the first aid kits are a good idea? i had that asked at a customer's house today asking if i carry any first aid supplies on the trails incase of an accident so thought i could take the storage thing a step further and make a mini tube full of supplies

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
a mini tube would be nice to. i keep a tool kit and a first aid kit in my rear 4" tube and still have room for a 20oz iceed tea. you gotta find another end though. i used one with wing nut that tightens up from the inside, it looks trick and its way simpler. no screwing that big ass nut to get to your stuff. ill post a picture of mine tomarrow. i think your on the right track though, be carefull about using smaller than 4" pipe because your hand wont fit in, its a pain in the ass to have to flip or stand the bike up to get somthing to slide out. just my .02 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
126 Posts
I think the first aid kit is a very good idea, but for me I usually need ALOT more than a first aid kit could possibly do! :brick: What kind of $$ are you thinking about for the storage, customed painted of course???

·
Registered
82 Posts
I built myself one of those out of 4 inch PVC and secured it with metal straping. After 3 weeks of riding it was gone. The weight of it loaded with stuff snapped the straping under the huge stresses of the raptor flying through trails (not wheels hitting it).
Make sure you use STRONG straping. My belief is that no zip tie is going to handle the stress.

On a second note, if anyone sees a black 4 inch PVC pipe lying on the side of the trails at McLean Creek, Alberta Canada, please pick it up and return it to me :)

Just to build it cost me around $50 Canadian for parts and glue and straping. I wouldn't recommend anything smaller than 4 inch as you can't get your hand in and even the 4 inch doesn't hold a lot of stuff, just enough.

·
Registered
87 Posts
This is a great idea, especially the first aid kit. Really would like to see pictures of the clamps and how it mounts.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts