Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it be possible to store a four wheeler on its back wheels pointing straight up? Its dry sump so didn't know if it would work just fine, or be a bad idea.

If I can store it like that, then I can keep it in my garage infront of my tahoe. Otherwise its outside :unsure:

·
Registered
27 Posts
i think it should be ok... u just might wanna drop it down adn run it once and a while when ur not using it, so it stays lubbed.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I'd let it sit for a while after setting it down, just to let the oil run back to where it belongs. I'd also watch the front brakes since the line comes out the front, while standing it would be the highest point, possiblity of air in lines. Any fuel in the carb may drain into the airbox depending on how the overflow is routed.

·
Registered
77 Posts
if you do at least turn off the gas and let it run till it stops. I always forget and have a hell of a time getting it started and when it does start it runs retarded.

·
Registered
94 Posts
besides running bad, gas is very bad for air filter I had to replace mine after standing it up to wash. Now has a pro design apt & k&n. Then had to rejet.
If something breaks upgrade. :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
thats right, I think I subconcously break shit in order to upgrade :grin_nod:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.