Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres a strange one... my buddy called me up asking me what was missing from the small hole on the head -throttle side below the cam oil flow check bolt.
i had to go out and look at my bike , then go see his.... it was the same hole- the one between the finns on the head. to me it is a hole used in the factory to move the head through build process- maybe the mould fill hole??
the oil is surely leaking from his!!, anybody see this before??. we are gonna jus tap it (thread it) and stick a bolt in it. strange one. anybody any thoughts on it??

·
Registered
240 Posts
that is a drain hole for the spark plug. I have had the same problem, it was caused by head damage allowing oil to leak from around the valve cover into the plug shaft then leak out the drain hole.

He needs to pull the valve cover and investigate what is causing oil to leak into the plug shaft. It could be a warped head of just need to reseal the valve cover, mine was due to loss of oil and the cam scorching the journal it sits in and causing a burr to make it leak. Hope its just an easy fix!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahhh, bingo!!, yep perfect thats what it is!!, we set his valve clearance, so must just be the covers not sealing right!!. thanks very much for the help!!, had no idea thats what that hole was!!
thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.