·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
299 Posts
well his general engine theory is correct... to a extent atleast

tho i dont think he understand the 660 motor to its full potential, now i do know that the 660 exhaust ports dont need much attention during mild port jobs, but the stock pipes (small duel primary to a single setup) is a common restriction point even for the bone stock motors.
So dont think he understands what the actual "restriction" points are for the 660 motor... (just cuz head can flow dont mean the other 3.5 feet of airflow does)

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
that dude is smoking crack about his gytr pipe...After I had my rappy 660 tuned with the ct pipe and the lid/filter/ect,,...stock motor- I totally wasted a gytr set-up rappy 660 equally dyno tuned (and stock motor) By at least 2 lengths,..and that was out of 5 races...everytime! Actually on the last race his rivets on the rear of the pipe blew and some of his packing blew out...
He does have a basic understand of the flow characteristics of back pressure and how it can create more torque/ torque range in certain areas of the power band, judging from the way he liked the head pipe diameter, but that ultimately effects high flow when you get to the pipe it self. Now the relationship of the airspeed and the back pressure is where he seems confused, especially with dual headers out of a single cylinder. This is very lamented terms, it goes a lot deeper. IF your not knowledgeble on the fundamentals use common sense, it often get s you further..as in if your getting smoked by a ct pipe, then its probably better... :) I wounder why duals weren't discussed...???

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
firstraptor said:
rt said:
I wounder why duals weren't discussed...???
The post is from 2001, duals weren't an option yet.
didn't see that part- guy still seemed like he was a few french fries short of a happy meal. :lol:

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
I don't think this even needs to be addressed. Back in the early days there was all sorts of rumor and conjecture about what worked and what didn't. Those days are long since past. Do you see a single builder out there running this setup if a custom happens to still want a single pipe?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts