1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im a drag racer at heart lol

things ive raced

2000 chevy z28 = had the ls1 till about 4th gear lol :grin_nod:

supercharged cobra = had till about 3rd gear.

bunch of hondas = topped it out adn they caught up lol

done up banshee = beat till top of 5th

done up honda 400ex = had the whole time on last race

done up 660 = had me barely after 3rd

and many more to come :lol: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
350 Posts
grandsport96 said:
im a drag racer at heart lol

things ive raced

2000 chevy z28 = had the ls1 till about 4th gear lol :grin_nod:

supercharged cobra = had till about 3rd gear.

bunch of hondas = topped it out adn they caught up lol

done up banshee = beat till top of 5th

done up honda 400ex = had the whole time on last race

done up 660 = had me barely after 3rd

and many more to come :lol: :thumbsup:

raced my buddys 04' cobra with a RR upper and steig ported blower, beat him until 3rd and he flew by me.... also ran an 07 SE and went side by side switched bikes and same outcome. I have a lightning you can run 8) after that maybe my 660 vs ur 700?

·
Registered
373 Posts
o ill get u never raced me yet :grin_nod: :grin_nod:

400+ srt 4 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey no prob. i raced a kfx 700, 2 660's and another 700 this weekend. i stomped the 700 and the 660's (both modded). my buddies 700 i stay right next to. what was funny was i raced the 660, picked up 2nd gear, shifted into third and stayed ina wheelie, he swore up and down i wasnt stock but i am lol.

·
Registered
207 Posts
bitch i was pullin a little, very little, well ok we were neck and neck

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
I've beaten piped 660's, a piped banshee, stock yfz 450, and mild modded 660's...

All in 4th gear. ;)

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Maddog56 said:
I've beaten piped 660's, a piped banshee, stock yfz 450, and mild modded 660's...

All in 4th gear. ;)
But that is a special 4th gear you have

·
Registered
350 Posts
fast rap said:
Machy said:
what does your neon run in the quarter? :crazy:
never ran it in the 1/4 yet im gona soon thoe
her some pics of it

bring it down to houston... I have a 01 lightning that wants to play. Loves skittles.

689rwhp/768rwtq on 18 psi new 2.6 Kenne Bell

781rwhp/988rwtq on 75 shot....

150 direct port is up next...

street side usually does the job .... 629rwhp/700rwtq on 18psi and only 10degrees of timing.

·
Registered
373 Posts
^^^^^^^^^ u must have a fully built motor for those kind of number's.

soon im gona get a fully built head and pitons, rods with built bottem end
gona put me around 550 hp and alot of torq
im just gona have trouble puting it to the ground :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
350 Posts
fast rap said:

Yep its a fully built block. JDM built/heads/.020 overbore all forged. I threw a rod through the bottom of the block on my first motor with just too big of a pulley on the stock eaton blower. Its an animal on the street which I built it for, its not just a track truck. I've ran 11.39 on 555r drag radials(street tires) on my street tune so on the street its practically the same thing. Roll races which you would like due to traction are what I was afraid of having issues with because hey its a damn truck. It pulls like a damn freight train from anything up to a 60 punch, after that its just not happening. Best kill to date was a KB 2.8 04' cobra on 20psi(665rwhp) from his roll a 40mph punch. I sprayed a 50 shot on him but he's got the advantage, put 2 lengths on him and we both let off at 140 by then I had 2- 2 1/2 lengths. The new z06's are the best seeing a 4857lb truck walk them lol.... even the cammed ones arent capable YET.

As for your car those "neon's" lol are beasts. My best friend has a 76trim built block high comp motor.....565hp but its useless unless your running from a 60 punch or on slicks. I think he's gotten it into the 11's but still has major traction issues. Good luck with it man let me know what your progress is! Any traction advice he'd like to know

·
Registered
373 Posts
as of right now the only thing keeping up from not spining the tire's from
1st threw 3rd is slicks

right now there is a guy with the gt35r and built motor on race gas and tune
making 791 hp 750 tq who has to run slicks just to play on pump i think he is in
the 560 hp

·
Registered
207 Posts
yall would hate my neighborhood, we have a rep from turbonetics that lives down the road and his slowest car is a stock 06 cs mustang gt, and his dailydriver is a 2000 turbo gt that runs low ass 10's on street tune, and he has a black cobra that runs 9's and a red gt that runs 7's. no skittles in my neighborhood, only muscle. my neighbor has an 03 cobra, supercharged 06 gt, and 03 gt.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
03Rappy660 said:
fast rap said:

Yep its a fully built block. JDM built/heads/.020 overbore all forged. I threw a rod through the bottom of the block on my first motor with just too big of a pulley on the stock eaton blower. Its an animal on the street which I built it for, its not just a track truck. I've ran 11.39 on 555r drag radials(street tires) on my street tune so on the street its practically the same thing. Roll races which you would like due to traction are what I was afraid of having issues with because hey its a damn truck. It pulls like a damn freight train from anything up to a 60 punch, after that its just not happening. Best kill to date was a KB 2.8 04' cobra on 20psi(665rwhp) from his roll a 40mph punch. I sprayed a 50 shot on him but he's got the advantage, put 2 lengths on him and we both let off at 140 by then I had 2- 2 1/2 lengths. The new z06's are the best seeing a 4857lb truck walk them lol.... even the cammed ones arent capable YET.

As for your car those "neon's" lol are beasts. My best friend has a 76trim built block high comp motor.....565hp but its useless unless your running from a 60 punch or on slicks. I think he's gotten it into the 11's but still has major traction issues. Good luck with it man let me know what your progress is! Any traction advice he'd like to know
Gonna be funn fitting that into the rappy chassis!! :lol:

·
Registered
350 Posts
blue700 said:
yall would hate my neighborhood, we have a rep from turbonetics that lives down the road and his slowest car is a stock 06 cs mustang gt, and his dailydriver is a 2000 turbo gt that runs low ass 10's on street tune, and he has a black cobra that runs 9's and a red gt that runs 7's. no skittles in my neighborhood, only muscle. my neighbor has an 03 cobra, supercharged 06 gt, and 03 gt.
Wow....tell him to come down to houston its really nuts the cars we have here that roll on the street.

Oh and thought I'd share a preview of my new dyno #'s,
100 shot+23psi vs 20psi= 865rwhp/1XXX torque it maxes out at 1k.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yea my neighborhood sucks, its all muscle, but slow muscle lol. my neighbor has a gt mustang with strait exhaust, a guy down the street has a 32 ford coupe with like a ford big block and some stuff done, a painter has a 88 ta with 400 small block. nothing my rappy cant beat in my neighborhood

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
I dont race against cars really, all of my buddies have super quick 03/04 Cobras with KBs. One of my buddies(Jon Thomas- silver with dark gray flamed Cobra) had the fastest Eaton supercharged 03/04 Cobra in the country for a while early last year(10.07 in the 1/4). He wanted to be the first one into the nines but someone else beat him to it, cant remember who- theres a few now runnin in the nines with the ported Eatons but at least I can claim my ported blower was the fastest first I guess :). Stieg sponsored him for a short while late last year because they wanted all of the fast Cobras runnin thier port, it did run faster but it didnt make it into the nines(10.03 was the fastest it went). It has a KB 2.4 on it now with Comp Cams and it sound SICK and it ran a 6.30 in the 1/8 just a couple of weekends ago which will equate out to about a 9.6-9.7 in the 1/4 :eek:

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
you gotta love those 03/04 cobra's, they really threw on their back with that car. Heck! put a smaller pullie, programmer, and exhaust and it has well over 400rwhp! :thumbsup: Wish I had one, but I love my Mach1

·
Registered
350 Posts
Machy said:
you gotta love those 03/04 cobra's, they really threw on their back with that car. Heck! put a smaller pullie, programmer, and exhaust and it has well over 400rwhp! :thumbsup: Wish I had one, but I love my Mach1
Have quite a few friends with cobra's, 3 04's and 2 03's everything from a DSG to a sonic blue. My actual childhood best friend has an 04' white mach 1...absolutely clean and is my favorite. It wont hang with the cobra's but theres TONS of cobras out there and very few machs, when my truck gets back from the shop having the cage installed/chromed me and him are going to have a photoshoot my white lightning and his mach along with my friends white cobra. I'll post up the pics.

As for the pullied etc etc basic cobra.....bring it. 2.8 KB 628rwhp/618tq I pulled from HIS roll 40mph put 5 lengths on him on boost and on spray went sideways but still pulled up until around 130'ish then he went by but hey its a flying brick. From a dig theres no contest pretty much can give 5 lengths, blow the tires off on the launch and still go by. I need to start video taping the races we have.....

1 - 20 of 119 Posts