Raptor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed in another thread that someone said his buddies Raptor was street legal.
How can you make one street legal?

R

·
0 Posts
I think all you have to have are blinkers, license plate, and DOT approved radial tires. Not positive though.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does this work for any state?

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
There are a few states that make it legal for atv's to be used on roads but not highways. The problem is a US law that keeps atv's from being street legal on highways. There are a few companies trying to get this law changed so they can sell there product in the US. Im sure you have seen some of the street style quads that are sold in other countries, if not some of them are pretty cool. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
287 Posts
I think it's more involved than all that. Here in WA state, no matter what you do, some vehicles can never be registered for street use - such as an ATV.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info guys.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Get it registered as a farm vehicle that should work in any state :grin_nod: Of course you will need to know a farmer...

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I live in WA, and we can ride out atv's on the roads in Idaho! Its weird riding your quad threw town! ha ha.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I live in Idaho and you cant ride em on the street "legally". They do allow farmers to ride to check out their feilds and stuff, but you cannot make them legal, already tried.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts