Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, just lookin for some street tires to throw on the quad for summer (i drive it to work and back) and ill have a spare set of prolly either GNCC's or HD's for trail ridin

Let me know what u guys are using, and where ya get them from..

Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, this may be more than you want to get into, but it is working very well for me. In order to be able to ride on pavement without wearing out a set of tires everyday, I swapped out the stock tires and replaced them with matching light weight aluminum rims and BFG All Terrains 27" x 8.5" x 14" for regular trucks on the rear, Carlisle All Trail 25" x 8" x 12" for ATV's or UTV's on parking lot duty, on the front. It's a lot of fun to ride and the tires are not showing any signs of wear for the 1750 miles I have on them so far (60% pavement 40% dirt).

Attachments

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the looks of these but dont know where to get them.. on Raptorino's quad.. sent him a PM no response yet

·
Registered
245 Posts
the kings tires will not work on the road, they have to soft of a compound. the only street legal dot approved quad tires are racer tires by achieva. The only problem is that they have no dealers. They made me a dealer just so I could buy them. I can post pictures tonight. thay have hard compound. So they last long. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
I dont know about other states but if it has a DOT(department of transportation) # its road legal. Durability wise cant be any worse than the stockers.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmm.. very true.. .would be nice to find a set that would last a while... Keep me posted.. those tires VelociRaptor posted look very cool, thats what im looking for, but harder compound would be good

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
These are the ones that Im gonna buy for mine....even if I cant get it street legal- just to take to the dragstrip would be cool.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah definitly.. im not too worried about street legal.. (we dont have a cop in a town of 90 people) and southdakota is pretty easy to get them registered if i decide too..

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
landshark55 said:
the kings tires will not work on the road, they have to soft of a compound. the only street legal dot approved quad tires are racer tires by achieva. The only problem is that they have no dealers. They made me a dealer just so I could buy them. I can post pictures tonight. thay have hard compound. So they last long. :thumbsup:
Get pictures yet??

·
Registered
51 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
nice tires :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i see there are several sizes there.. nice there are different compounds too. what size would ya go with??

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would probably use the 22x7x10 and 22x10x10. Slower rotation-less heat-less wear-high gear ratio

Your name(lowridin88) implys you may want to go with the 18.5x6.5x10 and 18x10x10

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Still lookin around guys.. thinkin im gonna do the C-series polished ITP wheels, but the tires are still up in the air...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts