Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if it would be safe to weld a bung on the oil drain hole on the case instead of tapping the hole and putting in a time sert? This way you wouldnt have to fight with the shavings or drilling or anything like that. Do you think that would be a good alternative? Thanks for the help in advance!

·
Registered
328 Posts
i used an oversize plug from auto zone it worked great and really no shavings to worry about but you have to cut it to length after screwing it in the first time

·
Registered
323 Posts
if you were to try and weld on that,you would disperse to much heat over a big area! might cook some seals,etc!! id tap it and step it up to a bigger plug8)

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I was wondering if it would be safe to weld a bung on the oil drain hole on the case instead of tapping the hole and putting in a time sert? This way you wouldnt have to fight with the shavings or drilling or anything like that. Do you think that would be a good alternative? Thanks for the help in advance!
700s seem to have some problems in this area, I would try for a bigger plug first............

·
Registered
850 Posts
The problem with the drain is over tightening. Just have to remember its cast aluminum not steel. Its also not very thick in that area so there aren't many threads to grab.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts